Found GoPro 3

General banter about diving and why we love it.
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Found GoPro 3

Post by HakkTW »

Found a Gopro 3 at Alki today in about 60-70 feet of water. Set up in a very unique way. If someone you know has recently lost a gopro there (probably in last few weeks given very light barnacle cover), have em message me with a description so I can get it back to you/them.

Cheers

Timo
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Re: Found GoPro 3

Post by HakkTW »

I underestimated the time the GoPro has been in the water. If you know someone that lost one on May 8th, let me know. That's the date stamp on the video.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Cross-posted to the PNW forum of ScubaBoard. Hopefully we can get it back to its home.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Well here is another example of why it is good to make one of your pictures or videos of your contact information....

I hope it finds its way back.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday and in addition to putting our names on our cameras we are also going to create a word and text document with name and contact information on the sd card.

Mike
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Rockfish wrote:My buddy and I were talking about this yesterday and in addition to putting our names on our cameras we are also going to create a word and text document with name and contact information on the sd card.

Mike

I like that idea. That's is pretty smart thinking.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

Another way to do it is just put your name as the name for your SD cards. That way when someone plugs the camera in to computer the disk will show up as <yourname>. On a mac (and i'm not sure about a PC but can check tomorrow) you can also enter more info such as "this card belongs to _____ and phone number, in the comments section for 'get info about this disk'.

If you do utilize this method, make sure to just 'erase' items off the card as opposed to reformat the card. Depending on your camera, and if you use timecode as opposed to time of day, if you want to zero the time code you'll have to find that in the settings menu.

if you have more than one card just make it "<yourname>1" this will also help you keep track of things as well when they are inside the slot and you can't read the number on the card :)

This also becomes helpful if a few of you have gopro's and assorted cameras and one person is doing the majority of the editing, so that the editor can have an idea of what footage is on what and who's card is who's from the get go, since plankton snotballs and eelgrass zooming by a gopro on a scooter all looks pretty similar for the first 10 min <grin>
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
deeprapture
Just Settling In

Post by deeprapture »

Hi,

I believe it might be mine...
Are you sure its a Gopro 3? Mine was a first ed with a flat gopro lens housing
It was setup on a retractable pole and has some video footage of me diving my rebreather project on it...
Believe I was wearing my Atomic mask...

Does any off that match what you have?

Thanks for the post, even if it isn't mine. That's admirable
HakkTW
Avid Diver

Post by HakkTW »

Sorry deeprapture. Not yours. For sure GoPro3 Black, I checked the model number. At that was not the setup.

Sorry.
deeprapture
Just Settling In

Post by deeprapture »

Ok... Thanks. I thought maybe you threw the "3" in there just to be sure you wouldn't get any fake claims just guessing the setup type...

I hope it finds its home too and your a good person for trying.

I suppose mine is in its eternal resting place or someone's new toy? Either way, Im probably lucky because the footage was of me teaching myself CCR buoyancy, trim, n such... Now that I'm doing much better, I'm afraid to recall what maybe been on that card.

PS: great idea about the naming file and leaving a pic with contact info on card..
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I know someone who lost his gopro 3 in Bonaire I wonder if it floated way up here....... :popcorn:
Jeff Castor
deeprapture
Just Settling In

Post by deeprapture »

Now that's a strong current...