Oly area divers?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Oly area divers?

Post by McGlencoe »

Anybody dive dive the Olympia area?
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Oly area divers?

Post by mz53480 »

McGlencoe wrote:Anybody dive dive the Olympia area?

Hoodsport mostly for me.

Are there any dive sites in Oly?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Tolmie Barges. I live in Oly, and thats the only one I know of. Hoodsport and Redondo are about equal distance from here.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

There's thw Taylor bay wreck, isami (yeah I suck at spelling) ledge
While these 'technically' are not 'in'oly I think its fair to call them olympia dives.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

So far only three Oly divers checking in, are any of you interested in getting together for a mid-week afternoon/eve dive?
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

McGlencoe wrote:So far only three Oly divers checking in, are any of you interested in getting together for a mid-week afternoon/eve dive?
Mon or Wed eve are best for me.
Where are you thinking of going?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

I'm open to anything, Tolmie is supposed to be pretty cool, but a long swim out to the barge.

Both Taylor bay wreck and Itsami are boat dives, so that'll have to wait for another time.

Mon & Weds both are good for me too, let's see if we can get a couple more to come along, maybe someone who has been to Tolmie.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

McGlencoe wrote:I'm open to anything, Tolmie is supposed to be pretty cool, but a long swim out to the barge.
Both Taylor bay wreck and Itsami are boat dives, so that'll have to wait for another time.
Mon & Weds both are good for me too, let's see if we can get a couple more to come along, maybe someone who has been to Tolmie.
I'd guess that Tolmie viz might suck until the middle layer of crud goes away. Max depth there is like ~40fsw or so.
I would be in for a later-in-the-year Tolmie dive. It's been almost 3 years since I've dove there....

Give a shout if you want to do Hoodsport or Redondo.
MZ
:fish:

phpBB [video]
Check out the VIDEOS!
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Anyone else interested in a dive next Monday or Weds eve out to the Tolmie barges? C'mon Wayne, we know you've been out there! Want to come out and get wet?

If I'm reading it right, looks like slack is around 5:30 with the tide going from a -3 at 2pm to a +3 at 8pm.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I'm calc'in all the slack down at Tolmie
So I be divin' safe with my homie

Don't want no Tolmie current ripping me away

No, can't have no Tolmie current carrying me to bay
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Cool vid MZ... thanks for posting it up.

If Viz is going to suck, then maybe it's not the time to do it.

Haven't done Hoodsport yet, but will be driving through there on Sunday afternoon/eve on the way back from Port Townsend.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I'd say Sunnyside would be a decent nearby dive site.

Say hi to Santa! :)
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

I'd be down for a Monday dive most Mondays. However I've got a class all weekend which means this Mondays a day for chores. MZ is spot on, the odds of good viz at Tolmie this time of year is pretty skinny, but that does NOT mean you can't have a GREAT dive there none the less. The canal's been having stupid good viz. Do yourself a favor and hit up Don at Pacific Adventures, I just went out with them for the first time this past weekend. 85 bones and your on with an awesome crew, if things remain as they were this last weekend you'll be dropping into about 50' of viz.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Sounds like I'll have to plan a trip with Don in the future, thanks for the tip Wayne.