Three Tree 8/15

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Three Tree 8/15

Post by pogiguy05 »

Met up with Ron at 730pm and the parking lot had a couple spots open. It seems the lady in the blue house has a new sign posted down at the bottom area. Yet no one seemed to be yielding to the message. :BDub: We decided to do the junk yard dive plan as that was the side with no fishermen. As we kicked out there was a small surface current going towards the antler house side. I am never sure if it is east/west or north/south at this site. Once we dropped it seemed the current was going to opposite direction but was not that bad. There is a good sized Octo under the front of the golf ball boat. Seemed to me that there were alot of ratfish out and about. They also were quite curios of us also. I swear one of them came up to me and said "HEY TAKE A PIC OF ME THIS IS MY BEST SIDE", then again I could have been narc'd. Also seen alot of hooded nudis and seen an egg mass on the bottom for which I have no idea WHO are WHAT they might be. Vis in the shallows was still crappy but seemed to open up after 60-80fsw. We timed it nicely as when we surfaced it was dark and all the fishermen had gone home.
Attachments
P8151485.JPG
What is this?
What is this?
P8151473.JPG
P8151477.JPG
P8151440.JPG
Jeff Castor
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Three Tree 8/15

Post by Dusty2 »

The bottom one is not eggs. They are a colony of compound tunicates but I'm not sure which one. My guess would be a pale mushroom compound tunicate. The nudibranch is a barnacle eater and that is his/her eggs. The white thingy is a white sea cucumber.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I miss Three Tree. Maybe the week after next....

Nice pics!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

what was the sign about?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376665982.456814.jpg
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Jeff Pack wrote:what was the sign about?
I dont think it is really about divers since when Ron and I was there the day this lady call the police she NEVER glanced our direction. She was completely focused on any fishermen that started to step foot on her private beach. This is the blue house to the right as you walk down. In 6 years this is the first time I have seen anyone from any house complain. They technically do own and pay taxes on that which they own, so they have the right to deny access. It would be compared to a hunter walking thru your yard and shooting an animal on your property.
Jeff Castor