Just joined!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
diverdeb
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Just joined!

Post by diverdeb »

I saw someone wearing your T-shirt, and thought I should check it out. I had looked at some Meet-Up groups before, but never joined. So, I'm a bit uncomfortable posting on here.

I've been diving for 28 years, not frequently, but I feel my experience level is good. I've done surge, drift, low visibility, night, and cenote dives, and I have over 100 hours logged. I used to be tough, and dove in a wetsuit off the coast of Monterey. But at some point, I got wimpy and started diving in Mexico, near Cancun and Cozumel. I did get a drysuit several years ago and went boat diving a few times in Monterey with it, but I need a refresher on how to use it.

For the past five years, I've lived in the Portland, Oregon area, but have not been diving in the Pacific NW. I'm female in my upper 40s, but my boyfriend doesn't dive, and I'd like to find a dive buddy (or group) that dives locally, perhaps with occasional trips up to Puget Sound or San Juan Island areas. I could also use a recommendation for a local dive shop that could look over my gear, assist me with rental equipment, etc.

I guess that's about it. Thanks for inspiring me to get into NW diving with your T-shirt!

Cheers, Debbie
seattlepaul1975
Compulsive Diver

Re: Just joined!

Post by seattlepaul1975 »

Welcome to the board! It's a great group and you should look at the weekly dives.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome to the Board!

Lots of Oregon folks that will give great specific advice, and lots of folks that will be willing to dive with you when you come up North, myself included!

Thanks for introducing yourself Debbie!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of us Oregon divers that frequent this board and dive fairly regularly. Not much locally unless you enjoy looking at silt in a local lake. But many of us make weekly or at least bi-monthly treks up to Puget Sound. I'm an instructor at Seven Seas Scuba in Vancouver, WA. The shop is located just over the Glen Jackson bridge and is a great local shop to get your gear looked at and questions answered. Let me know if I can be of any help getting you back into the water.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
winte.r
Avid Diver

Post by winte.r »

Weekly dives in the planning section are a good bet if you're coming up north, and where can I get a t-shirt???
olalladiver
Aquaphile

Post by olalladiver »

You're in a good place to hook up with buddies. There are a number of us with significant others or spouses that don't dive (myself included) ... and yes, the weekly meetings are a good place to start connecting with active divers. I've really enjoyed connecting with the ThThTh (south sound/tacoma) folks, though have been away for awhile just lately... And if your up to the Puget sound over a weekend, post to the buddies section and I give you very good odds you'll be able to connect... especially if you're a bit flexible on location of the dive. There's almost always something going on or somebody willing to bite on a chance to splash.

Anyway, welcome to the board