PowerDirector 12 Ultimate

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

PowerDirector 12 Ultimate

Post by Paladin4Christ »

Does anyone have any experience or comments regarding this video editing and movie producing software?

I have a new computer coming this next week and I needed to get new video software since my Apple iMovie won't work on a Windows PC.
PapaZ
Compulsive Diver

Re: PowerDirector 12 Ultimate

Post by PapaZ »

I've been using version 11-64 bit version.
Very good, powerful and all the features most can use.
Also, their on line site has many free add-ons that are very good.

One feature I really like is the ability to white balance video clips. Specially nice for our Pacific Northwest waters if you are not using video lights. You can upload directly to You Tube and others besides saving to dvd, etc..
Here is a 3 minute dive.
http://youtu.be/7LuAFEAPZmg
The video starts around the 1:30 mark and I did 'white balance' the clips as I took them in ambient light around 45 feet or so in depth.

I'll probably upgrade to version 12 soon too.

Used some other multimedia programs but got tired of paying for all of the add-ons.

PapaZ
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

I'm a Vegas pro user.. great program
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I've been quite happy with AVS video editor. It was the only software I could find which would edit/save .mov files on a PC without any resolution loss. The microsoft coversion tools to .mwv were terrible imho.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Post by Paladin4Christ »

Got the new laptop up and running. Funny it came with PowerDirector 10 and I can upgrade to 11 for around $80. So, I think that is what I will do.

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.