Keystone Jetty 10.23.2013

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Paladin4Christ
Aquaphile

Keystone Jetty 10.23.2013

Post by Paladin4Christ »

phpBB [video]

This is my first video using my "new to me" video light made by the one and only H2ODOCTOR! What a difference.

Keystone had very little current the past few days, in the afternoon/evening and I could not let it go.

I picked Thunder up at school and splashed into 30+ visibility and a "Marine Layer" so thick you could not see the Ferry docked at the terminal. When we surfaced the Sun was out and the "Marine Layer" had moved out into the Inlet. Breathtaking is the word that comes to mind.

I saw a Ling Cod (at approximately 3:40) with something on it's face. When I got a closer look it looked like parasites because they were moving around. They looked to be almost burrowing under the skin or dug into the skin some how. Does anyone know what this is?
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Keystone Jetty 10.23.2013

Post by LowDrag »

Another cool video. I really need to get up there and dive this site. Thanks for posting so we can see it.

As for the little thingys crawling on the face of the ling...I could not see them clear enough tell what they were. Generally from my experience with aquariums, if there are little critters "crawling" on a fish it is usually a parasite.

Dave
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Those are fish lice. Very common on bottom dwelling fish that are not very active.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Hope That Video light makes all your video dreams come true.... should work out great now for night diving over there on whidbey
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen