Clean buoy at Flagpole

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
deep diver
Pelagic

Clean buoy at Flagpole

Post by deep diver »

Great job Don (Downtime) on cleaning the buoy line! :supz: Looks like a giant muscle blew up, they are scattered everywhere around the line, but the line is now floating high and straight. Must have been quite the job getting that many off.

The water vis today was up to about 40' in spots as I could be up on top of the knuckle and look up and see the float.
Lots of life out today. Here are a few pictures. Look behind the grunt, you can see a bunch of eggs. The cockerel seem to be out in force.
Attachments
026.JPG
009.JPG
006.JPG
004.JPG
It's a good day.... nobody died!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Re: Clean buoy at Flagpole

Post by mz53480 »

Nice!!!
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Thanks for doing that.
When I was on the WSA board years ago, when the mooring buoys were being sold and installed, I remember part of the cost of each buoy was for maintenance that WSA would be doing down the road on buoys. If you know of others that need maintenance, I suggest contacting WSA and letting them know so they can get it taken care of.
- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Love the shot of the grunt and eggs!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

If we're diving a buoy and see a lot of growth on the line, should we help out and remove what we can, or leave it for someone more qualified?
dalcodiver
Avid Diver

Post by dalcodiver »

A inexpensive putty knife cleans the lines well without damaging them. We've been cleaning the lines at Zee's ' , Sunrise and Saltwater for a while now. Janna I've been told the buoys at the Possesion Points Ferry need some attention. We haven't had a good opportunity to get up that way yet this year.
If I'm not diving unfortunately I'm working.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

There is only one buoy left at Possession Ferry now.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Rockfish wrote:There is only one buoy left at Possession Ferry now.
I may be wrong but I think that there has only ever been one buoy on the ferry.