NWDI Closing (Bellevue)

General banter about diving and why we love it.
jturner
Frequent Bubbler

NWDI Closing (Bellevue)

Post by jturner »

The shop my wife and I got certified with is shutting down. You can read the detailed letter at http://www.nwscuba.org/ and also see way remains of their inventory. They are selling their inventory at cost and their rental gear below cost so there are some pretty good deals to be had.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: NWDI Closing (Bellevue)

Post by CaptnJack »

I tried ordering some knives and spring straps. Despite the knives (Eezycuts) being on the website they are out already. And I'd have to arrange to pickup the spring straps in Bellevue which isn't very practical, a ferry and a toll bridge away (or pita bridge if not actually tolled). So overall rather disheartening.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Matt S.
Submariner

Post by Matt S. »

A scuba shop on NE 8th in Bellevue? I must have driven past it a thousand times. I had no idea this place existed. It's easier to get to than UWS Bellevue, I would have tried this place for fills if I knew about it.
RVbldr
Aquaphile

Post by RVbldr »

Yep, off 405, go east through 2 lights and it is/was on the right, half way up the hill all of .5 miles of 405 and about 2 blocks from UWS - Bellevue.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

CaptnJack wrote:I tried ordering some knives and spring straps. Despite the knives (Eezycuts) being on the website they are out already. And I'd have to arrange to pickup the spring straps in Bellevue which isn't very practical, a ferry and a toll bridge away (or pita bridge if not actually tolled). So overall rather disheartening.
Jack,
Not sure if you've picked them up or not already, but I get my fills at the Bell. UWS and will be there Thur (12/5), and could pick them up. I'll be heading to the Belfair area by years end... If that would help.
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.