NWDC Dive & pizza - Friday June 22nd!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

NWDC Dive & pizza - Friday June 22nd!

Post by Sounder »

I am headed out of town but I thought I'd put together a quick dive & dinner for this month. :partyman:

Where: Cove 2 (for simplicity sake this time)
When: Friday 6/22 at 6:00-6:30pm meet time, planned splash around 7pm-ish.
What: Diving for beginning and advanced (this is a great way to meet folks from the board and get hooked up with more experienced divers).
Why: Because we love diving, love food, and love hearing about the seals tormenting folks around the HoneyBear.
Who: YOU!! No matter how "green" or "seasoned" you are, we hope you'll come. There will be divers of all ability and plenty of mentors for new folks to hook up with.
How: Get tanks filled with appropriate mix (air is fine), haul gear, splash, eat.

I hope a lot of people can make it out. This was really fun last time we did it and I can't wait to do it again. I'm thinking pizza in the parking lot this time too as (hopefully, knocking on wood) it'll be a beautiful evening for pizza on the pier. This also allows for a second night dive if anyone is so inclined... here sharky sharky sharky. :pale:

Please, no matter if you're fresh out of OW class or a very seasoned (crusty?) vet, we hope you'll make an effort to come. Bring a little cash for pizza and look forward to a VERY fun and informal evening. Little ones are welcome too (as are SO's/spouses/etc) - just let us know so we can bring fun friends to the beach for them to enjoy at the end of the dive.

We'll ensure everyone has a buddy, a dive plan they're comfortable with, and is totally comfortable - I expect we'll have people diving at all levels. Please RSVP here - this is really informal but it's nice to have an idea of who can make it.

See you on the 22nd!!!

Ok, I'm finishing packing and headed to bed. Tomorrow morning I embark on my Grand Canyon rafting trip!! Glen Canyon Dam to Lake Mead - about 280 miles of beautiful canyon, hot sun, and some of the best (and largest) rapids in the world!! Then back to Vegas :partyman: for a few nights of... uh... well... what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. [-X I'll be back on the 18th!! \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Count me in this time. I can't wait to see everyone!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I'm going to do my best to be there.
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Mouse and I had a great time last time too!
We will try to make this one also!
we would like someone to show us the Honey Bear!
Iv'e dove cove 2, four times now and have yet to se it.
Went to the I beams once, but never over to the Honey Bear.

Hope to see you all there!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I am going to try to make this one, and hopefully one of my buddies will show up too.. sasafrasa &%^$Q@!!!!! :angryfire:

I can't remember a Seacrest dive I didn't find the Honey Bear (unless I was planning on not going there) So Bassman I would be happy to show you. Hopefully my buddies will show up this time and we can all dive together.

My TDP (typical dive plan) at seacrest is to drop at the buoy, take a 60 deg heading find the rope that leads to the I beams (this is easy or difficult depending on vis) then head down to the I beams cruise around for a few minutes, we wouldn't have to do this part of the dive if Mouse was coming... then turn around and head back up the line.. Back at the concrete block for the buoy there is a second rope heading off on a 130 (I think) deg heading.. This one leads to the Honey bear and it's really easy to tell because it has big round concrete thingys holding the rope.. If you see the round concrete thingys and a rope follow it away from the boundry line and you will run into the Honey Bear.. Then after the Honey bear we usually take a 300 deg heading, to the boundry line follow that to the buoy line that is in around 20-25 feet and then we head in at a 270 heading (again, I think need to verify that number).. Its a pretty good dive.

Usually we do our half stops while we are heading towards the Honey bear. It's easy to kill 2-3 minutes at the same depth which is typically 1/2 our max at that point heading over to the bear.. And then our safety stop is typically at the ledges which convienently are right after the 20' buoy line.. This all depends on tides so sometimes we do our SS at the buoy..

Anyway, that got long, but I'll try to be there.
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Thanks Holly! :supz:
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

It's on my calendar. :partyman:

Thanks Doug for organizing it, again!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'm in this time, unless another member of my family decides to wreck their car again.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Well, whaddya know, I'm off for this one! I might try to make it. Will have to probably leave after one dive and socializing tho as I'm working the Treasure Hunt the next day and will be up very early to help set up.

-Valerie
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

Me! Me! I'm in; I want to go! Can I go to Vegas too?

dd
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'm going to try my damndest'.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I should be able to make it.

There are some decent tides that day, so I'm thinking I might want to try and do two dives or so elsewhere and end this dive and dinner.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Penopolypants wrote:I'm in this time, unless another member of my family decides to wreck their car again.

Make famlily members ride the bus on that day! :smt064
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hmm days good, times right, I know how to get there........................I'm in. I will be there.........Doug did you say night dive?!?!?! I got this Fantastic light, I'll bring it just in case.....
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Nigt dive?

I may be interested too!.

Is there somewhere close by, Where I could get a couple of tanks filled?

If not, I can make arrangements to bring a couple of extra tanks.

Another factor is Mouse says she does not like "Night dives"
But in reality she has never actually been on a "night dive".
Because at 70 feet she felt as if it was a night dive. :smt119

That could be a thread in itself.

"At what depth is a dive considdered a "night dive" around here?"

Personally, I want a good light on any dive below 50 feet.
neoerik
Avid Diver

Post by neoerik »

It's on my calendar and I'll be there FOR SURE this time!
TCWestby
Submariner

I'll be there

Post by TCWestby »

I've been wanting to try cove 2 with someone experienced so here is the opportunity. Barring any work or family emergencies I'll be there!
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I will do my darndest to make it, and I would be delighted to buddy up with a novice diver for the evening. Diving with new divers is a particular pleasure for me.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

BASSMAN wrote:Nigt dive?

Is there somewhere close by, Where I could get a couple of tanks filled?

"At what depth is a dive considdered a "night dive" around here?"
Bring two tanks.

At Saltwater State Park a few weeks ago, anything below 30fsw became a night dive. From 30fsw to 60fsw it was black as night!! It was as if someone switched out the lights.
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm really interested in going. It'll be my final dive before I head to NC for some U-boat diving. \:D/
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

OK seems like everyones in on this one and I will try to make it. I dont see anything right now that would keep me away but you never know from day to day.

I still dont have my own tanks and I am going to have to do something about that soon. LDS only has LP85's for me to borrow and I would like to try some others.

OK time for the all important question what is the difference between the LP and HP tanks. I know operating pressure is like 2400 for LP and about 3400 for HP. Is there any good or bad to either. I am thinking of going with HP100's or so.

I need to get more dives in so I can get experience to take the Nitrox class and AOW as well. So as long as the honey DO list is taken care of I would like to dive more. :salute:
Jeff Castor
Rack
Just Settling In

Post by Rack »

Jeff,

Have you checked lighthouse? They used to rent steel 100's many moons ago. I do not know if they still do.

They are still listed on their website.

http://www.lighthousediving.com/rental.html

$12 a day + 1st air fill.

With that being said, lighthouse isn't really that highly reguarded for their rental gear.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Thanks for the info I will check them out.
Jeff Castor
Rack
Just Settling In

Post by Rack »

pogiguy05 wrote:
OK time for the all important question what is the difference between the LP and HP tanks. I know operating pressure is like 2400 for LP and about 3400 for HP. Is there any good or bad to either. I am thinking of going with HP100's or so.
http://www.scubaboard.com/archive/index.php/t-8382.html

decent thread about tanks.
pikapp319
Getting To Know Folks

Post by pikapp319 »

well this definitely seems to be the one stop shop dive, so I hope to make it and meet everyone.