Fort Ward 3/9

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Fort Ward 3/9

Post by Magoi »

Dusty has gotten me to do my first dive recap. Did a dive at Fort Ward on 3/9 with the GSNDAMBAA. The original plan was to dive the Crib. However, since the dive planners had not been to the site for 13 years, a house had been built at the former beach access. So, we reverted to Plan B, which was Fort Ward. This is a small state park on Bainbridge, Page 218 in NW Shore Dives. You park and enter at the boat ramp, easy entry, swim out and drop. This was my first dive there. It is a must dive if you are doing all the NW shore dives. It is totally muck diving, very little structure. We found a few rock outcrops but mostly open sand and gravel with some bull kelp and other growth. Gentle current drawing us to the NW. All in all, an enjoyable, relaxing dive, except for the incredible noise when the Bremerton ferry went by. I will do it again. Saw 5 different nudis and the largest buffalo sculpin I have seen. Found a new (for me) nudi - Tritonia Diomeda that was much whiter than what I've seen in the books and was laying eggs.
Tritonia Diomeda
Tritonia Diomeda
Attachments
Small Moon Snail
Small Moon Snail
Flabellina
Flabellina
Buffalo
Buffalo
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Re: Fort Ward 3/9

Post by Magoi »

Obviously, I do not know how to use the forum tools. but you should be able to figure out what is what.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Well done Larry, on your first dive recap. Thanks for sharing your experience.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Desert Diver
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Desert Diver »

Thanks, I love to hear about new places.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Larry, Not bad for a first try. Takes awhile to figure how to post things On the upload attachments page after clicking add the file you need to look above the add box and you will see the new file listed then you need to check the cursor to insure its where you want the photo and click place inline so the picture will be added where you want it. Then you can add another if desired. Remember that in the list of files the top entry will be the last file you entered and they are in reverse order.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Fort Ward baby!!!!!!

I'll be hitting that site soon!