Heading to Phuket...

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
JDelage
Frequent Bubbler

Heading to Phuket...

Post by JDelage »

Hi all,

Am going to Phuket for well-deserved vacations. I'll be flying out Friday evening. Hopefully I will have some great pictures to share upon my return...
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

May I inquire if you made the arrangements yourself or are you going with a diveclub or?

I will be in Nepal this Fall and am wanting to take an extra 5 days or so to dive in Thailand if it works out.

Have a great trip!

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I know a little bit about diving in Thailand, since I got my first two certs there (and traveled there 25 times in 2 years). Kgdiver is also a great person to ask, since he was a DM there.

Have fun in the Land of Smiles!
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I spent a few years working there. I did most of my diving in the South China Sea but also a bit on the Andaman side. Let me know if I can be of any help. Have a great trip
JDelage
Frequent Bubbler

Post by JDelage »

Thanks, I should be fine. It is going to be very mellow and relaxing.

Calvin - that avatar is very disturbing... Poor little kitty(ies)...
JDelage
Frequent Bubbler

Post by JDelage »

Actually, one thing I'm wondering about is the money issue. Should I carry mostly Thai Bahts? Or do most business take plastic? If cash is king, what's the most efficient way to get it (ATM from my debit card I suppose...)?

Thanks,

JD
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Re: Heading to Phuket...

Post by BASSMAN »

JDelage wrote:Hi all,

Am going to Phuket for well-deserved vacations. I'll be flying out Friday evening. Hopefully I will have some great pictures to share upon my return...
Am I the only one here who thinks this place called "Phuket" sounds like other words one might use if he or she decided to call a dive before you even get in the water?
Only that you allready have your regulator in your mouth and the words come out a little distorted.

Not me ofcourse, I would not use a citys name like that. :)

Just a funny observatin.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

You may be the only one that actually admits it. ...or cares ...or is doing the adolescent thing ...or ? :toimonster:

It is fOOket... I think. ](*,)
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

Thailand is an amazing country - I dove the Andamon Sea on a liveaboard for 6 days in 2003.

ATM machines are easy to find to get Thai bahts (get the best rate of exchange) and most places (read dive outfitters) took plastic. Enjoy your trip!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Tom Nic wrote: u
It is fOOket... I think. ](*,)
I believe it's pronouced "POO-ket."

-Valerie
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Valerie is right, though a less fecal way of thinking about it is pu-KET.

:book:
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Calvin wrote:Valerie is right, though a less fecal way of thinking about it is pu-KET.

:book:
Sorry, I'm a nurse and sometimes I just can't stop the reflexes... :toimonster:

-Valerie
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Phucket ... hee hee. :evil4: Sorry, I know I'm late to tht party but I couldn't resist.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!