H20doctor Diving Vacation On Oahu

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
mpenders
Submariner

Re: H20doctor Diving Vacation On Oahu

Post by mpenders »

Nice video, Doc!

I think the Trumpet Fish that isn't (@2:30) is actually a Needlefish (A'ha). Scubie and I found a few of them on the Big Island. The were quite skittish and tough to approach - you did a nice job to get some close up footage.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

needle fish , yes we were told that they are not very common and are only at certain dive sites.. there were like 5 at this site just kinda hanging out
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Google Cornetfish.

I saw a huge Bluespotted Cornetfish in Bonaire this year - not sure if this is the same fish or not, though they look similar. There are also several species of needlefish that look similar.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
fnerg
Dive-aholic

Post by fnerg »

H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

well here we are at the end of the dive vacation... the last dive of the day Makaha Caverns.. what can i say about this place ? amazing , super fun to dive and a great place to snorkle or scuba.. depending on the day and the surf this site can or cant be dived, as the surf rolls and breaks over the reef.. from the outer area 35 to 40 feet, to the shore as shallow as 15 feet in spots this place offers a huge variety of life... the other great thing about this dive is that turtles rest and sleep in the nooks and caves, and on this dive we found 2 of the big old great ones.. the surge pulls you out and in , and you just go with the flow and let it take you ... I wish we could have spent at least 2 dives here , and it would have been even better on scooters zipping and diving through the channels and cave tunnels... So here we are at the end of the dive report for the vacation...I want to thank Chad for his house to stay at.. His great family, and letting us come to dive the Island of Oahu.. and thank everyone who has read this thread and enjoyed the movies... 7 days of diving , 15 Hours of underwater video, 200 gigs worth... and now the final dive movie

phpBB [video]
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Donna just watched this and said "wow, what a great movie, ruined by footage of you free diving". Haha

Great to have you out buddy.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

Very nice trip report! It's nice to see a fellow Northwest Diver report from the blue water! I'm trying to discover Hawaii once a year, it's nice to shuck the cold water fear and go for beautiful viz! Thanks for sharing!
Why is the water so green......
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I cannot wait to be there this time next week...
K
"Let's go diving!"
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

Amazing Chris!