Dive Aploza June 29th - July 1st

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'm here, I'm here. I may be able to bring a grill. So, is Sparky definitely out?
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

No, Sparky is still going to try to come, last I herd.
still up in the air!
Could go either way!
Not to be confused with "going both ways"

Okay I better stop now, before Sounder gets started.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

i might beable to join in on the fun for a day. it depends if there is testing or not for me.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

The MR and I are still planning on coming, we will prolly be slumming in the dorms :toimonster: WE can bring some cookies and pasta or potato salad... Maybe some b-day cake for the husband... I think we will prolly be there late friday or early saturday morn and staying through sun or monday....
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

B.ring Y.our O.wn B.everage sounds good likw a good idea!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I just found out that I will be able to come on Friday in the morning. \:D/ I'd like to get two or three dives in, hang out with whoever's there, then head home Friday night.

I'll be cleaning up my gear, drying it out, then packing it for Israel on Saturday. :supz:

Who's going early Friday? Sounder? (Come on, you know you can come early! Erica will understand! That's the only day I can dive!) Anyone else?

Does Mike's have a dive site right there at the resort?

Or will we be going to Sund?
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

From what I understand, my rental cabin(#1) is closest to the dive entry.
I think I might be be taking a vacation day on that Friday so I can show up early. Not sure how that would work out for Mouse or Jen.

They may be coming later in the day with Car #2.

We'll have to see how that all pans out.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote:Oh I might be able to be talked into a couple dives Friday. I will need to pick up Erica at the ferry if I come over earlier. The ferry is a bit of a haul from the resort but there isn't usually much traffic... especially headed that direction on a Friday.

I believe there is a good site right there at the resort. Let me see what I come up with.
:bounce: \:D/ :supz:
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I think I am still able to go, I will let you know in a few days.

I will also get a head count for my cabin, i think cuppie is out. she has to work.

If i come i will bring chilli, but only if we get a head count. last time i brought nine gallons, $96 dollars it cost me and not even 1/4 was eaten, nor did anyone throw in cash. so i won't be bringing that much again. Just FYI.

i think i will have about five at my cabin and Jim is going to bring his smoker and ribs if he joins us.

I will try to get calvin in on plates and cups and plastic ware.
mav
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sounder wrote: Turkey and fryer - Assman

:smt027

Are we goin' there again?! :angryfire:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Maverick wrote:If i come i will bring chilli, but only if we get a head count. last time i brought nine gallons, $96 dollars it cost me and not even 1/4 was eaten, nor did anyone throw in cash. so i won't be bringing that much again. Just FYI.
mav
I owe ya then Dude. Good chili! :prayer: Didn't know there was a pot for $$ for the chili or I would have contributed. My apologies. No need for anyone to get stuck or left holding the bag IF we communicate!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

I too, ate my fair share of chilli, I'd be willing to help with a few $$.
That would be money well spent!
Tere should have been a
"Tip the cook Jar!" right next to the Chilli pot. :supz:

Your Chilli rocks dude! =D>
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

BASSMAN wrote:I've never tried deep fried Hotdogs!

I think there is a name for them?
Yes! Heart Attack! :smt027

-Valerie
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Mikes usually has plates, cups and silverware in each room (dorms, cabins) so we could just do our own dishes!! save the planet! Just and FYI -- I also agree that I would have chipped in for the chili -- $100 worth of chili!!! YIKES
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Mmmm.... beeeeeeer. :partyman:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Sounder wrote: I believe there is a good site right there at the resort. Let me see what I come up with.
There is a very nice dive there right at the resort. There are several small boats, some tire reefs, some other debris, and a large Sea Whip field if you go deep enough. Plenty to see.

Wish I could come but will be working all that weekend.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

I'm going to be staying in the dorm as well. I can bring some rolls for dinner, and some chips to go with the burgers/dogs.

Nick
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

WylerBear wrote:
Sounder wrote: I believe there is a good site right there at the resort. Let me see what I come up with.
There is a very nice dive there right at the resort. There are several small boats, some tire reefs, some other debris, and a large Sea Whip field if you go deep enough. Plenty to see.

Wish I could come but will be working all that weekend.
This sounds good, as does the description on their web site. I think I'll pay my $10 for a diver that isn't renting a cabin and do 2 or 3 dives there... looks like there's plenty to explore, including one deeper dive at the beginning.
enigmatic
Avid Diver

Post by enigmatic »

Sadly, I'm out. My event photography company now has a gig that weekend. Given that we're just starting up, I should probably be there.

I hope you all have fun, and definitely sad I can't make it!
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

BOO!!! - I will just have to have fun without you!!!

BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Matt,
Sorry to hear you cant make it.

What about the BBQ on the 22nd?
nice-diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by nice-diver »

I am planning on the winter trip with my new scuba beetle. As for june...I will be taking care of three dogs and two houses.
enigmatic
Avid Diver

Post by enigmatic »

the 22nd? I'll be out of town ](*,)

Soon, I'll make one of these BBQ's. I promise!
divernick
Aquaphile

Post by divernick »

It looks like I'm going to end up with friday off, so i'm going to head up in the morning. hopefully I can hook up with whoever's there and get some early diving in.

Nick
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I to am planning on going up in the morning.
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!