Back in the PNW, need to find a diveshop for maint

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

So, I'm back in the PNW and looking for a diveshop around Everett and Lynnwood. Need to find a place to fix my neck-seal, service my regs, and hydro/viz my tanks. Also, need an undergarment and in the future, another OLED computer.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Back in the PNW, need to find a diveshop for maint

Post by spatman »

Welcome back!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Is Woodinville close enough? I trust Al at Bubbles Below to service my regs. They will O2 clean your tanks for partial pressure blending.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Thanks spatty!

Woodinville isn't too far away, but it is a 40 minute round trip. But, I'd rather drive to a place that is trust worthy. My regs are atomic and scubapro, though I may sell the second stage scubapro soon as I much prefer the atomic.

Thanks for any and all advice!
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Woodinville is a 40 minute round trip for me as well. Bubbles carries both Atomic and Scubapro, plus Apeks and others.
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Woodinville is a 40 minute round trip for me as well. Bubbles carries both Atomic and Scubapro, plus Apeks and others.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Use google
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

H20doctor wrote:Use google
One could say the same thing about how a bee flies. I'm asking because Google doesn't have personal preferences, and doesn't include all the reviews.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Dashrynn wrote:So, I'm back in the PNW and looking for a diveshop around Everett and Lynnwood. Need to find a place to fix my neck-seal, service my regs, and hydro/viz my tanks. Also, need an undergarment and in the future, another OLED computer.
Don Peterson is probably the best around for the Regs - He's in Port Townsend but you can ship them to him and he'll turn them around in a few days.
http://octopusgardensdiving.com/service.aspx
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

What billz said.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dashrynn wrote:
H20doctor wrote:Uspersonal le
One could say the same thing about how a bee flies. I'm asking because Google doesn't have personal preferences, and doesn't include all the reviews.
Wow google showed 3 dive shops in the area Lynwood lighthouse, edmonds underwater sports, everett evergreen dive..., so difficult sharkbait
Last edited by H20doctor on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dashrynn wrote:So, I'm back in the PNW and looking for a diveshop around Everett and Lynnwood. Need to find a place to fix my neck-seal, service my regs, and hydro/viz my tanks. Also, need an undergarment and in the future, another OLED computer.
Why would you let your gear get that way? :popcorn:
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

H20doctor wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
H20doctor wrote:Uspersonal le
Wow google showed 3 dive shops in the area Lynwood lighthouse, edmonds underwater sports, everett evergreen dive..., so difficult sharkbait
Look Chris, I came here to get advice for preferences and reliable shops. If you want to stroke your non existent intelligence, you can join a Disney channel forum to do so.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

H20doctor wrote:
Because unlike you, I've been doing something with my life. Working jobs in different states and going to college while you sit around and whine about employers not hiring you. Now, stop trying to undermine my post, and go eat dinner your mom has cooked in the other room.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dashrynn wrote:
H20doctor wrote:
Because unlike you, I've been doing something with my life. Working jobs in different states and going to college while you sit around and whine about employers not hiring you. Now, stop trying to undermine my post, and go eat dinner your mom has cooked in the other room.
HA HA HA HA HA , thats a funny one , I went out to eat at Mcdonalds
seems my Intelligence makes you mad ?
seems like your going to dive alone here Buddy Pal with an attitude like that .. rule #1 dont be a dick
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

H20doctor wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:
H20doctor wrote:
HA HA HA HA HA , thats a funny one , I went out to eat at Mcdonalds
seems my Intelligence makes you mad ?
seems like your going to dive alone here Buddy Pal with an attitude like that .. rule #1 dont be a dick
Chris, I'm merely trying to find a good recommended dive shop from locals. You are being a dick by instigating an argument. Also, in reply to your pm, I am not here to fist fight you. How can you not see who is being the dick here?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Back off, Chris. Please?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

My observation is that Chris is being a dick, by trolling for a negative response (as Josh says please stop). Dashrynn here asked a simple and logical question, and actually one that I would like to read answers to as well.

Dashrynn, I have used Roy Gresham (regdoctr {at} hotmail <dawt> com) to service my atomics these past few years and he's always very friendly, reasonable in price and does a good job. I do usually drive partway to meet him for the exchanges, usually north of Seattle.

I've also heard good things about Don Peterson in Port Townsend and was thinking of giving him a shot this summer. If you do, please let me know how it turns out.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I also recommend Don Peterson ... you can mail him your regs and he'll mail them back when he's done. It might take a while, but there's a good reason why he's always so busy working on regs. He's (IMO) the best we have in our area for such things, and lots of shops send their regulators to him.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That's enough of an endorsement for me^^
rjw
Aquanaut

Post by rjw »

+1 for Roy Gresham. Drop me a PM & I will pass along his contact info.
No amount of Helium can make a dumbass smart. - Chatterton
FOTTF
Life's been good to me so far
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I have used Don Peterson for reg service for about the past 8 yrs. He's fixed everything I broke and done my not so annual annuals too. He does great work, documents everything he does, and charges a reasonable price. Waayy easier than trying to get parts yourself or any of that shenanigans.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

CaptnJack wrote:I have used Don Peterson for reg service for about the past 8 yrs. He's fixed everything I broke and done my not so annual annuals too. He does great work, documents everything he does, and charges a reasonable price. Waayy easier than trying to get parts yourself or any of that shenanigans.
Don sounds like my man then. Him, or Roy. Either way, I feel better knowing these guys are recommended by all of you.

Thank you all who have helped.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Hey welcome back MAN!!!! Looking forward to diving with ya again.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
pensacoladiver
I've Got Gills

Post by pensacoladiver »

Can someone do me a huge favor and hit Curtis in the head with a lead weight while he is in the water.

I don't want him to forget about me.

I'll let him tell the story.

Glad to know you are back and finally gonna get wet again Amigo!