Wacky Wednesday West - 6/25/14

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Bex
Frequent Bubbler

Wacky Wednesday West - 6/25/14

Post by Bex »

Due to some recent communication/coordination glitches we have revised the Wacky Wednesday West announcement. Please read the full posting, paying extra attention to the bold lines.

It's time for another wed night dive. This is a weekly event hosted by GUE Seattle, and is open to ANY diver who wants to come out and dive, regardless of skill, background, etc. It is a great chance to meet others in the community, dive with some outstanding divers and try new equipment, skills and techniques.

Need a buddy? No Problem! Please be sure to let us know if you need a buddy for the weekly dive, and confirm with either myself, aadolfi or kdupreez. IF YOU DON’T CONFIRM WITH SOMEONE YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF WITHOUT A BUDDY! We have many active recreational, technical, and cave divers as well as instructors and dive masters who frequent these events and they are a great place to pick up extra diving knowledge. Additionally, if you would like to try out any piece of dive equipment whether it be a back plate and wing, argon system, doubles, jet fins, canister light, undergarment, or even a scooter, it can all be arranged. All you have to do is ask.

Please respond to this message if you need a buddy or any equipment and we will be make sure you are set up.

Typical dive times are as follows:

Dive 1 - 4:30 to 5:00pm splash
Dive 2 - 6:00 to 6:30pm splash

Those are the splash times, so be sure to arrive with ample time to set up your own gear prior to the dive. If you need last minute tank fills, 5th Dimension is located right on Harbor Ave--only a 2 minute drive from the site. Note, dive times may vary so if you are expecting to dive with the group and need a buddy, make sure you coordinate who you will be diving with prior to Wednesday. AGAIN, PLEASE RESPOND HERE IF YOU ARE COMING, WHETHER YOU ARE A REGULAR ATTENDE AT THE TWEAK OR COMING FOR THE FIRST TIME, OR YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF WITHOUT A BUDDY!!!

The dives will both be held at Seacrest Cove 2 located right next to Marination at Seacrest Park on Harbor Ave on Alki. Directions: http://goo.gl/maps/eNMW7. We also typically go out for food and beer afterwards (also known as Dive 3). Both Marination and the W Seattle Matador are frequent post dive destinations.

If you have additional questions feel free to drop me or aadolfi (Alex) a PM here on the board. Both Alex and I will be there for Dive #2 and hope to see you there. If you plan on diving this week and need a buddy, please make sure you coordinate with someone to ensure there will be another diver to join you.

Happy Diving!
Bex and Alex
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Re: Wacky Wednesday West - 6/25/14

Post by kdupreez »

I'll be there for dive 2 at 6:30pm splash and Dive 3 afterward :)
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
JayO
Avid Diver

Post by JayO »

In for dive 1 and maybe 2.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

It was wonderful to see everybody! Conditions couldn't have been better for diving, with a lovely high tide, calm water, and quite nice viz below the top 20 feet. Water temperature at the surface was SIXTY-ONE degrees by my computer -- you could really feel the warmth as you ascended into the top few feet.

Nudibranchs were out in force, including a splendid sighting of a Jangles fuscus in a piling near the Honey Bear. Peter found a red octo in a bottle, and I found a ton of Diaulula sandiegensis (Leopard dorids). On one piling, I found four different species of nudibranch! Other highlights were a huge mass of market squid eggs, and little clumps of tubesnout eggs in the weed in the shallows.

It was great to see everybody, and awfully good to be back in the water with my camera.

"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Scuba Buddy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Scuba Buddy »

Thanks guys,
It was a pleasure meeting you all and diving with you what a great group
Dive 3 was awesome too
See you next time I'm down visiting
Koos I'll remember the CM (non spiced)
Thanks again everyone
Sincerely,

Trevor
Scuba Buddy
Also Scuba Buddy on FB
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

"Jangles" fuscus -- God, I hate the autocorrect in Win 8.1!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

LCF wrote:"Jangles" fuscus -- God, I hate the autocorrect in Win 8.1!
Figured that was the case, but it made me smile, nonetheless.. :rofl:
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

GREAT evening of diving with some awesome people!! :joshsmith:

Thanks everyone for coming out! We had at least like 14 or 15 people in the water!

Trevor - I will trade tanks with full Nitrox for canadian Capt. Morgan.. just sayin..

And was really good to see you and Peter, Lynne! What a treat! :D

hope yo see ya'll again next week! :partyman:

GOOD TIMES!!
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White