Xdeep black (BT) (Eanx) (trimix) dive computer

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

So I'm curious if anyone has personally reviewed this, or know of someone who has. The many features and being upgradable plus the price is a selling factor for me. Maybe some news on it? I've already completed an extensive search on this product and want to know if anyone on this board has experience with said product.

Not interested in debates on x, y, and z brands. I owned a shearwater predator before, and where it's an awesome computer, this computer has caught my interest. I may buy another shearwater but that's a future Curtis decision.

Thanks all! :norris: :taco: :pirate: :popcorn:
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Xdeep black (BT) (Eanx) (trimix) dive computer

Post by Dusty2 »

It's a classy looking unit at a good price point. Looks like it's still pre-release so I doubt there is much info out there.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Dashrynn wrote:So I'm curious if anyone has personally reviewed this, or know of someone who has. The many features and being upgradable plus the price is a selling factor for me. Maybe some news on it? I've already completed an extensive search on this product and want to know if anyone on this board has experience with said product.

Not interested in debates on x, y, and z brands. I owned a shearwater predator before, and where it's an awesome computer, this computer has caught my interest. I may buy another shearwater but that's a future Curtis decision.

As one who has seen a lot of hype around dive gear before it actually got released.......don't hold your breath. Wait until it's been on sale to the general public for at least a month, and check all the forums for reviews. I've seen a lot of gear get announced that looked too good to be true, and it was.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Steve.B
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Steve.B »

Isn't this the one thats been coming to market for a number of years?? Is it OC/CCR or just OC?
johndo88
Compulsive Diver

Post by johndo88 »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Dashrynn wrote:So I'm curious if anyone has personally reviewed this, or know of someone who has. The many features and being upgradable plus the price is a selling factor for me. Maybe some news on it? I've already completed an extensive search on this product and want to know if anyone on this board has experience with said product.

.......don't hold your breath.
Always good advise on a dive forum..
:)
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

There has been a long running thread over on ScubaBoard regarding the delays of the initial release. Most distributors are just now getting a few samples of the bottom timer that was originally promised over a year ago. The bottom timer may be upgraded to Nitrox or full Trimix computer through a firmware download.

The OLED displays are reported to be the same as those in the Liqiovision Xen/Xeo line.