Underwater camera basics..

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
johnclark
Aquaphile

Re: Underwater camera basics..

Post by johnclark »

It doesn't matter what you have. The most important thing is to go out and shoot!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

johnclark wrote:It doesn't matter what you have. The most important thing is to go out and shoot!
Amen! I've seen awesome pics with P&S cameras. Nothing like practice.
<2>diver
Just Settling In

Post by <2>diver »

So after all my research and planning I bought a Nikon cool pic P&S and a case for it. The camera is waterproof to 59ft it says so when we arrive in the Maldives we can't wait to get in the water so we throw our snorkel gear on and head out to see what's around. I'm in the water for 5 min and there are fish EVERYWHERE and a hawsbill turtle and a 4-5 ft white tip reef shark so I pull up the camera and take a pic and it looks like my finger is in the lens. So I re-adjust and take another one. Then I appears the screen shorts out. Weird.... So I look at the front of the camera.... FILLED WITH WATER. manufacturer defect, not water proof at all. Camera ruined. Immediately. Obviously they are accepting a return but needless to say I was pretty heated. I thankfully have a contour camera and a waterproof case that worked nicely so I wasn't totally without.

Which brings me to me next question, what video/photo editing software do people use?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Lightroom ... http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop ... 07143354:s

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/