Diving Concepts DryGlove O-Rings

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Diving Concepts DryGlove O-Rings

Post by ryjoph89 »

I have 2 sets of Diving Concepts Drygloves "Snap-On" system and I would like to replace a couple what they call the "Outer Glove" O rings...

http://www.divingconcepts.com/link1.htm

The only place I knew of that sold these is not currently selling them and wont have them for a while. Does anyone know where to buy these?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving Concepts DryGlove O-Rings

Post by CaptnJack »

I thought DC went bankrupt???

Have you looked at McMaster Carr? They carry just about any Oring imaginable as well as make your own Oring kits where they supply cord and you glue up the right length to match.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

Diving concepts is out of business so I doubt that any of the shops would be able to get new stock. You could call around to some of the local dive shops and see if they have some stock on hand. Silent World in Bellevue may be able to scrounge up a few.

Or, if you would like I can measure mine and you can give these guys a call:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/penske40

I buy all of my scuba related orings from them and they probably can help you out or point you in the right direction.
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

CaptnJack wrote:I thought DC went bankrupt???

Have you looked at McMaster Carr? They carry just about any Oring imaginable as well as make your own Oring kits where they supply cord and you glue up the right length to match.
They did go bankrupt back in April of 13...I bought one pair on ebay 2 years ago and another on craigslist 3 years ago... I have them installed on my drysuit but I'm getting my wife's gear setup and realized that the O-rings for her set (never installed) are cracking. I love my dry gloves and was really bummed when I went to the source that use to sell them and they no longer had them available.

I'll have to check with McMaster Carr.... how do I figure out hardness, thickness, size, etc...all that stuff? As these are really just holding the wrist seal in place I guess it probably isn't THAT important (like with regs,etc) to have an EXACT match.

-Thanks
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

BillZ wrote:Diving concepts is out of business so I doubt that any of the shops would be able to get new stock. You could call around to some of the local dive shops and see if they have some stock on hand. Silent World in Bellevue may be able to scrounge up a few.

Or, if you would like I can measure mine and you can give these guys a call:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/penske40

I buy all of my scuba related orings from them and they probably can help you out or point you in the right direction.

I'll have to give them a call and see what they can do... I can also bring it in to LDS and see if they can tell me where to go.

I can measure mine and give them a call..

-Thanks!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

ryjoph89 wrote: I'll have to check with McMaster Carr.... how do I figure out hardness, thickness, size, etc...all that stuff? As these are really just holding the wrist seal in place I guess it probably isn't THAT important (like with regs,etc) to have an EXACT match.
Measure thickness and diameter with calipers, you can get some "good enough ones" at Harbor Freight.

They are Buna-N but if you switch to EDPM they will last longer. 70 Duro will be fine.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

CaptnJack wrote:Measure thickness and diameter with calipers, you can get some "good enough ones" at Harbor Freight.

They are Buna-N but if you switch to EDPM they will last longer. 70 Duro will be fine.

Awesome! Thank you very much... I'll go get the calipers!
jpa
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jpa »

Adding nothing to the discussion but the zombie Diving Concepts site has been hacked and has a decidedly NSFW link on the homepage. Although the hack is more subtle than most I've seen.
camerone
Submariner

Post by camerone »

Also - McMaster is fantastic for ordering, but http://www.amazonsupply.com also has stuff, and if it's just one or two items, the shipping can be cheaper (especially as a prime member.) They bought Small Parts a few years back and have not done a good job marketing it...but they're tremendously useful for mad scientists like myself...

-c
There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots...
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... I got my last set of replacement o-rings at Tacoma Screw ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Dive angel to the rescue! :angelblue: I have a set if you want to come and get them.
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

Dusty2 wrote:Dive angel to the rescue! :angelblue: I have a set if you want to come and get them.
Where about you live? I'm diving mukilteo tomorrow morning at 8:30...
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

ryjoph89 wrote:Where about you live? I'm diving mukilteo tomorrow morning at 8:30...

Sad to say I just looked at your profile and see you are in Arlington. :eek:
I live clear down in Spanaway. A bit to far for a couple of O-rings.
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

Lol....ya not going to spanaway for them. I'm gonna check harbor freight tomorrow as I'm gonna be right in the area and need to pickup some dry glove replacements anyways since I'm working on getting wife's dry gloves setup.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Seattle marine has the smurf gloves at a decent price. Both blue and orange. Push come to shove I could always drop them in the mail. Would only cost a couple bucks
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

Just FYI if anyone is still looking...the place I use to buy them from originally has them again..

http://boydski.com/diving/gear/gloves/D ... -rings.htm
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

ryjoph89 wrote:Just FYI if anyone is still looking...the place I use to buy them from originally has them again..

http://boydski.com/diving/gear/gloves/D ... -rings.htm
Great find, yikes maybe I should grab a few while I can. Had no idea DC went out of business. Anyone know the backstory there? They made good suits.