NWDC Dive & pizza - Friday June 22nd!

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
TCWestby
Submariner

Shallow

Post by TCWestby »

My buddy and I will stay 60' max so you can hook up with us.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

cool I am actually buying a LP95 tomorrow and will be using it. I really think I am a 1 dive only night for me. I should be back home by 9-10pm as I have duties to attend too. I have not been diving in a while and look forward to getting wet again. I hope vis is better than redondo was when I dove there. Like 5' I think and having a semi fogged mask did not help. see ya at 6pm there
Jeff Castor
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

pogiguy05 wrote:OK who is going to be my dive buddy since I am not going deep?? I have been told you guys are tech divers :book: so I need a (shallow man)<<<get that :la:
There will be plenty of folks to dive with Pogi. No need to worry about a thing. Most folks here on the board AREN'T tech divers and I'd be amazed if anyone even approached deco on this dive - scooter dudes might, but I'd be very surprised if anyone else even came close. Also - feel free to dive with "tech divers." They aren't always going below recreational depths and staying long times. You will learn a LOT by diving with these experienced folks and usually people are happy to show a newer diver around... everyone was there once. I still look heavily upon my mentors for advice and help.

The Honey Bear group would be a good group to hook up with or if there is a group going down the middle that'd be another good one. Bottom line is you discuss your plan before the dive, openly and honestly. Then you dive your plan, sticking to it as a team. We'll ensure you have ONE buddy you're responsible to, and he/she to you, and that you're comfortable with your plan.

You're LP95 will help extend your bottom time too - lots of cool stuff to see at night. Tides look ok for vis - then again, there will be lots of people in the water. Fortunately it isn't an extremely low tide which usually reduces the vis.

Should be lots of fun. I'm filling tanks tomorrow at NWSD if anyone would like me to pick up their bottles.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
TCWestby
Submariner

Friday

Post by TCWestby »

I too will probably only be able to do 1 dive unless I can get a 2nd tank but I won't be able to get to my dive shop tonight to rent one.

I've got to find a 2nd used cylinder...
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

I'm aired up and ready to go!

RSDancey and I are probably going to head to Olive's Den so if there are any of y'all that would like to head down to around 90-110fsw or so, let me know. I usually chase deco time up the slope, but stay recreational. I suppose that would make me "Tech-lite" or "Faux-tech" or "Facado-tech". (Um, yeah. Mental note: 3 shots is too much in one cup.)

See you there!

dd
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BbbleMkr wrote:I'm aired up and ready to go!
You're full of something!!!

I will probably also be headed downhill but before we splash we'll ensure everyone has a buddy and a plan. We'll figure out plans when everyone has arrived and we know who all is going where.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

For the newer folks: We'll meet in the parking lot and if there isn't parking there, the others can park on the street. For anyone who doesn't know some of our vehicles, look for a black 4Runner (Diver C), a red Honda Element (Bubbles and RSDancy), an orange Honda Element (the man, the myth, the legend... Grateful Diver), a little gray pick-up with canopy (Sounder), a green toyota Corola (Tom Nic), etc.

Please come find us and introduce yourself! Find a buddy and agree on a plan you're both comfortable with. I'm also happy to help pair folks up, but it's easy to do. There will probably be groups headed various places so we can get them connected as well.

So now that it's getting close, who all is able to make it? ROLL CALL!! :bounce:

Sounder is in.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well I dont want to cast doubt but today our employee quit and I am suppose to go and pick up my LP95 tank today.Wifes says no problem about going but it definitely is a 1 dive day for me. As I have 1 tank and need to get home. So I will do my best to be there and will let you know more later
Jeff Castor
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

One dive is fine - see you at 6pm Pogi.
kjc
Aquaphile

I Drive a Pack Mule....

Post by kjc »

I be in.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Yup!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'm in!
neoerik
Avid Diver

Post by neoerik »

I'm in for one dive, too - don't forget that Saturday is the Treasure Hunt Beach Bash! http://www.wascuba.org/treasure_hunt.htm
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I may not be there on Friday, or may possibly show up to socialize only. I'm dead beat after a very busy week/ten days, and have to be up very early to help set up for the Treasure Hunt.

Regretfully, :prayer:

Valerie
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I'll skip up to TLSea at lunch and get my tanks filled. Should be there around 630 or 7 (traffic dependent). :-({|=

'quatch
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Sasquatch wrote:I'll skip up to TLSea at lunch and get my tanks filled. Should be there around 630 or 7 (traffic dependent). :-({|=
'quatch
We're aiming for a 7:15pm-ish splash so if you get there and we're blowing bubbles, just hang out and I'm sure there will be a group diving again after a surface interval. Bring a good light - with the summer blooms, it'll be a dark one!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

My regrets...

There is so much going on with Treasure Hunt, I am not going to be able to make tomorrow. I am sorry.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Whatever - I'm going to hide some treasure in Cove 2 and have my own treasure hunt!
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

You're going to have your own treasure hunt? What does that mean, Sounder?

All I get is this mental picture of you zipping around underwater sticking your matchbox cars under pilings and proudly "finding" them before anyone else can get there.

I'll be there for the spectacle. :)

dd
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I'm in
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

I'm in
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Sounder wrote:I'm going to hide some treasure in Cove 2 and have my own treasure hunt!
Ummm... okay, you go Doug, you go Doug :supz:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Sounder wrote:Whatever - I'm going to hide some treasure in Cove 2 and have my own treasure hunt!
:laughing3:
Doug,
Thanks for bringing yet another smile to my Jelly Fish bitten face!

"The Visual is cracking me up!" =D>
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

BbbleMkr wrote:

All I get is this mental picture of you zipping around underwater sticking your matchbox cars under pilings and proudly "finding" them before anyone else can get there.

I can see that too.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

BbbleMkr wrote:You're going to have your own treasure hunt? What does that mean, Sounder?

I'll be there for the spectacle. :)

dd
I don't know if I'd call it "zipping" around... but I bet I can find my cars before you. Have you ever played this game? It's called "I win." I LOVE this game because I'm so good at it!

I was thinking that I should hide immunity icons around the various attractions... those who come back with them don't have to chip in for pizza! Maybe next time... :dontknow: