Buddies needed for a week of evenings at Cove2

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Buddies needed for a week of evenings at Cove2

Post by airsix »

Hey everybody, I'm a forum-lurker from Kennewick. I will be in Seattle July 9-13 for a board exam prep class. Class is daily from 8:00am-6:00pm but I just found out that class is only 4 miles from Alki beach and my hotel is about 2. Don't know how I could pass up this chance to do some evening dives at Alki. Tides look great for evening/night diving all week.

I'd like to do a one-tank dive each night Monday-Friday as an after-class unwind. Anyone interested? I don't think I have any issues (e.g., I don't ditch buddies, rototill, breach, etc.), but since none of you are likely to have been in the water with me before I'd be fine with going as a team of 3 so you can have a known-to-you buddy as well as myself. It would be fun to meet a bunch of you.

I hope enough of you are available/willing so I can be in the water every night Monday-Friday. I haven't figured out how I'm going to get fills though (being in class all day without breaks).

-Ben
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Not sure yet but I'll just be getting back in town on the 11th and if your still around I might be able to join you on Friday the 13th, that would be a good night to see a Six Gill huh?
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I'd be more than happy to meet you on July 9th, and I can bring you a tank, if you can dive an LP95 or an HP100. I'd probably come with either my husband, or my usual dive buddy, and we could have a leisurely cruise of Cove 2.

Are you willing to carry a can light? I'll bring one of those that will fit on a traditional BC.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Hi Bassman & Lynne,
Thanks for your replies.

Lynne, Bob offered some tanks as well. Between you and him I should be all squared away. (Your tanks have DIN valves, right?) Thanks for the offer on the canister. I have my own but always like having spare equipment on standby "just in case".

Glad to get some responses. :)
Thanks.

-Ben
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Watch out for the jellies - got two of us in two days. Happy bubble blowing!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Bump.

Lynne has volunteered for the 9th.
Bassman is a maybe on the 13th*.

Still looking for divers for:
Tues July 10
Wed July 11
Thurs July 12
*Fri July 13

Come on. You know you should. \:D/
The health benefits of a mid-week night-dive are well documented.

-Ben
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

=D>
That's it! Don't give up Ben!
keep bumping until you get some more buddies =D> =D> =D>

:salute:
Keith.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

airsix wrote:Bump.

Lynne has volunteered for the 9th.
Bassman is a maybe on the 13th*.

Still looking for divers for:
Tues July 10
Wed July 11
Thurs July 12
*Fri July 13

Come on. You know you should. \:D/
The health benefits of a mid-week night-dive are well documented.

-Ben
I can do Tuesday July 10th for sure, maybe the 11th.
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Bump.
Thanks for the reply Sea. =D>
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Anybody else?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Image[/b]
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I just realized that like a moron I don't have any info in my profile. Here I am checking everyone's profile and mine is blank. #-o So there's a little info in there now. And I created an avatar. A single jet fin... which is not to imply that I only have one leg.

So... Feel free to interview me if not knowing me is holding you back. Don't be shy. There is safety in numbers - groups are great. I'd be more than happy to dive with 2,3,4,5 at a time if that makes you more comfortable (as long as the rototilling is kept to a minimum). I get to make more friends that way too.

LJ just posted on the other local board that visibility was 30+ ft at the i-beams yesterday. Come on, let's go!

-Ben

airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

You should go diving with me because....

Well, I can't say with scientific confidence that I attract six-gill sharks, but let me share the experience of my last trip to Seattle...

I stop at NW Sport Divers in Kenmore to pick up some tanks. When I say I'm on my way to Alki for a night dive everybody freaks. "We had a group down there last night and we saw a HUGE six-gill!" So I go diving. Buddy loses a fin on the way out. Dive aborted. No six-gill. Next morning do another dive (w/ rented fins for buddy). Great dive, but no sharks of course. Time to go so I head home across the mountains. As soon as I get home Calvin posts his 12-14ft six-gill video (taken same day I was there in the am). So apparently... when I'm in and around Cove2 other people see sharks! So come diving with me. I think there is a good chance that you will see a shark and I won't. Oh well. My curse is your blessing.
#-o

-Ben
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Ben,

If you're willing to drive a bit we usually have a group diving the afternoons at Mukilteo on Thursdays. You are welcome to join.

Jake
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Nwbrewer wrote:Ben,

If you're willing to drive a bit we usually have a group diving the afternoons at Mukilteo on Thursdays. You are welcome to join.

Jake
Hi Jake,
My classes at SSCC are suppose to be out at 6:00pm but I've been told they might go over some nights. I worry about being able to meet up with your group on time. How late do you usually dive?

-Ben
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Yeah, you probably would be there a little late for us, but pm jeff98208. He generally dives up there around 9:00pm.

Jake
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

What ?

I'd like to hit cove 2 again and can after 3:00 on Tuesday July 3.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Hey Gang,
I'm about to jump in the car and head for Seattle. I might be in Internet blackout for the duration of my trip, but if anyone needs to get me on the phone BASSMAN, LCF, and Sea of Green have my mobile number.

Nobody is lined up to dive on Wednesday. If anyone would like to dive that night at Alki please get on the phone to me via one of above board members. I'll try to get internet access when I get to town also, but can't be sure. If you want to go one of the other nights as a larger group that's great too.

Thanks everybody!

-Ben
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Hey.. Me again. \:D/

Still need a buddy for Wednesday.

Stop-and-go traffic from Elensburg to White Pass (two wrecks and untold camp trailers) resulted in me being late to Grateful's house to pick up bottles. I was hoping to have a nice visit with him, but he had a dinner appointment and had to leave the bottles and a note. My fault. I should have built more reserve time into the drive.

Anyway, I'm in my hotel room now, and they set up an Internet WAP since the last time I was here! So here I sit, with all my books for class (the real reason I'm here) and a stack of scuba cylinders (the other real reason I'm here).

So if anyone needs to get in touch I'll check my PMs, email, and this thread twice a day.

Later,
Ben
Sea of Green

Post by Sea of Green »

airsix wrote: So... Feel free to interview me if not knowing me is holding you back. -Ben
Not knowing you isn't holding me back, but I just realized... YOU ONLY HAVE ONE FIN!! AAHHH!!!

Tuesday for sure, Wednesday a strong maybe (if you find your other fin!)
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

OK I would like to get another dive in before the charity event. Where and when Wednesday??? I have dove redondo, les davis and Cove 2 so far. It would have to be non current dependant site as I am not the advanced yet. I have 1 LP95 I need to get filled so get back to me soon.
Jeff Castor
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Looks like I will be down there about 6:00ish with a new buddy. Been looking foreword to getting back since the club dive.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

TCWestby, I didn't see your last post until I got home tonight. Wish I had seen it earlier - I would have looked to meet you.

Jeff - I'm doing all my diving this week at Alki because I'm staying nearby and time is kind of tight. Would be great to have you along for a dive. All my dives this trip will be evening/night. Post back if interested. (Pogiboy? Hmmm... are you going to bring MagandaGirl?) =D>

-Ben
airsix
I've Got Gills

DIVE REPORT!!!!!!

Post by airsix »

Well, it's Monday night and I just got in from a wonderful evening with Lynne and Kirk. Awesome. Awesome awesome awesome. I had a great time and my new friends were super to dive and visit with. I learned a lot from these two very skilled divers and look forward to diving with them in the future. Awesome awesome awesome. Okay, gotta get to sleep - 10 hours of class tomorrow...

See you tomorrow night Sea of Green!

Later,
Ben
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well Ben sounds good to me. I will try to get tank filled today and shall we say 8pm??? I can be there what time for you? I only have a small light and we would stay shalllow 60fsw as I have not taken the advanced open water yet. :book:
Jeff Castor
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Kirk and I had a great time (camera woes notwithstanding). There is so much life in the cove at this time of year! And the outstanding pizza at Pegasus, watching the sun go down behind the mountains, was a great way to end a lovely evening.

We'll do it again Friday.

Lynne
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames