Diving Concepts replacement gloves

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Diving Concepts replacement gloves

Post by Norris »

So I am rocking the diving concepts gloves and they work swell for me. I just got a leak on one of my gloves (but have a back up system)
My question is does anyone have a link or source for replacement gloves? I know there are some out there for 40+ dollars but remember seeing mention of other, way more reasonably priced replacement gloves.

Anyone?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving Concepts replacement gloves

Post by CaptnJack »

Seattle Marine next to the ballard bridge has those gloves and liners for about $9. The do mail order but not small quantities, better to just to go there. They also have green wool liners which are far superior to the yellow fleece ones.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

When I hit POST on this, I somehow KNEW it would be you answering!
Thanks a lot Richard and I will certainly give them a visit. Besides being born and raised in "little Norway" I need to get there and see Ballard as it has been way too long.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

You can buy about 5 pairs of glove and liners for $50 or 60 bucks and be set for years and years :)

I really like the green wool ones, I think they are 50% wool, 50% polypro. They are far less crushable than anything ese I've ever used and just the right thickness for me.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Isn't there also a commerical dive shop down around that area? When i had my Viking system, the guy I bought them from worse by that place for cheap gloves. Used to have contact but lost it with my phone
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Dive Commercial on 15th
http://www.divecommercial.com/

But there's no reason to buy blue gloves there.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I resonate on what Richard has said. I bought my lined gloves at Seattle Marine, and they are dirt cheap. I have two sets of DC dry glove ring systems, but I only have one attached on one suit. Therefore, I always a carry another set of the glove end with me wherever I go.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I also use the Diving Concepts ring system, and I get the orange gloves, unlined, at Seattle Marine for about $4 per pair, and buy the green woolie glove liners at a local Army/Navy surplus store for about $4 per pair. I find getting the unlined gloves with separate liners to be preferable as it's a bit more dexterity as well as it gives you a better chance to dry out the gloves when they get wet inside, since the liners just pull out.

There's also a neat trick involving a couple of small A-clamps for the replacement process that makes it simple ... takes less than a minute per glove to replace them ... if you're interested.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

CaptnJack wrote:Seattle Marine next to the ballard bridge.
SeaMar is actually around Commodore Way West of Fisherman's Terminal. The Nickerson/Emerson St. overpass above 15th Ave. is currently being replaced so getting on and off 15th is a bit tricky.

If you already there take a look at the Victorinox net knives, they are inexpensive and may replace your broken steak knife.

Urban Family Brewing just relocated over on 28th just around the corner from SeaMar, they are worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood when they are open. I love their beer and really want them to survive the move off Ballard Ave.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

No need to actually go there (unless you want to) ... online ordering from Seattle Marine is quite easy. I've been buying gloves from them for years, and never been to the store. I usually get six pairs at a time, to save on the per-pair shipping costs.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Grateful Diver wrote:I also use the Diving Concepts ring system, and I get the orange gloves, unlined, at Seattle Marine for about $4 per pair, and buy the green woolie glove liners at a local Army/Navy surplus store for about $4 per pair. I find getting the unlined gloves with separate liners to be preferable as it's a bit more dexterity as well as it gives you a better chance to dry out the gloves when they get wet inside, since the liners just pull out.

There's also a neat trick involving a couple of small A-clamps for the replacement process that makes it simple ... takes less than a minute per glove to replace them ... if you're interested.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I agree with you on the unlined gloves, they dry quickly and dont get to stinking. I am also interested in your a clamp trick. Teach me Obi-Wan!
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Didn't think you could teach an old Gdog new tricks.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

bradmond wrote:Didn't think you could teach an old Gdog new tricks.
Im just a pup really...
jerryehrlich
Avid Diver

Post by jerryehrlich »

Grateful Diver wrote:I also use the Diving Concepts ring system, and I get the orange gloves, unlined, at Seattle Marine for about $4 per pair, and buy the green woolie glove liners at a local Army/Navy surplus store for about $4 per pair. I find getting the unlined gloves with separate liners to be preferable as it's a bit more dexterity as well as it gives you a better chance to dry out the gloves when they get wet inside, since the liners just pull out.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I'm interested. Currently using DC mounting system and it is a PITA with smaller gloves.

Thanks for sharing ,

Jerry
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Maybe another Bob Bailey class, a short quick one?!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

This video shows you can change the glove without a clamp pretty easily and quickly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90h9fXTh4B4

Just practice a few times. I can do mine as quick as this, without a lot of hassle. I can show you next ThThTh if you like. Bar tricks! :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

I use a split ABS ring to help change mine, seems to work well. I found instructions on another site, attached a PDF showing how it works.
Attachments
glove.pdf
(949.87 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I use the clamp method Scott Christopher taught me, and it works pretty damn well.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

bradmond wrote:I use a split ABS ring to help change mine, seems to work well. I found instructions on another site, attached a PDF showing how it works.
Wayne Fowler showed me that method, would love to learn the clamp method, kinda expand this old dog's knowledge a little.
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

While I find using the split ABS ring easy and quick, I've been intrigued by the hose clamp method. One of these days I will have to bug you Bob to school me on that.
Never hurts to have multiple ways of doing something especially when I probably carry the right hose clamp in my car at all times and I have to 'think' about taking the ABS ring. Trying to install a pair of my Mediums without any tools is a PITA for me. Large and better... too ez..... medium or small.... I'd rather watch someone else do it. :)
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Not hose clamp ... A clamp. If I have some time later tonight perhaps I can take some pictures to show you how it works ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Also if you plan on buying online (I did) assure that you are putting together a decent order as my 4 pair order for 12.00+ was doubled with the 10.00 shipping.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**