A few recent ones

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

A few recent ones

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
I went out to play some more with my 45 degree viewfinder with my macro lens. The sites were Keystone and Edmonds.

This viewfinder is definitely tougher with macro than WA, but it is getting easier with more time on it. I'm still having trouble with fast moving subjects and very camo'd subjects, but the viewfinder enables some angles that otherwise would not be possible. Here are some captures, sorry if the colors are a bit off, I've got some color cast issues (help!):
Crabby attitude
Crabby attitude
Reef runner
Reef runner
The pillars of creation
The pillars of creation
Baby Gunnel, I forget the type and don't have my id book
Baby Gunnel, I forget the type and don't have my id book
Not a great photo of this fast moving Mosshead, but funny I didn't notice the photo bomber til I got home
Not a great photo of this fast moving Mosshead, but funny I didn't notice the photo bomber til I got home
Opalescent dance
Opalescent dance
Top snail
Top snail
Family portrait
Family portrait
Mr. Painted Greenling (aka Mr. Twitchy!)
Mr. Painted Greenling (aka Mr. Twitchy!)
Mrs. Painted Greenling
Mrs. Painted Greenling
Low rider
Low rider
Pirouette
Pirouette
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: A few recent ones

Post by ScubaJess »

Great job YellowEye! I love the pillars of life and the Nidibranch family portrait!!! Also the love nudis is so cool! :partydance:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Love the opalescent dance! Gorgeous pictures, as usual, and thank you for taking the time to share them.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
KeithBoll
Compulsive Diver

Post by KeithBoll »

Nice pics, Yellow eye! I agree about your comments on the 45degree viewfinder! I've been using one for about four months now and I am still learning how to adjust for it. On the other had - I've gotten some nice shots by having the larger view screen and the ability to "get down low". Thanks for sharing your pics! Keith
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

As they said, Great pics as always !
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown