Diving after Knee Replacement

General banter about diving and why we love it.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Diving after Knee Replacement

Post by WylerBear »

Anyone on this board diving with a replacement knee? I will have to have one in my nearish future and wonder how well it works here. I know of a couple of divers that have no problem diving with their replacement knee but they are warm water divers-not near as much weight and they mostly do boat diving. A bit different from our type of diving here in the pnw.
Thanks for any info.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving after Knee Replacement

Post by ljjames »

Jan Shaw, one of my dive buddies, dives after bilateral total knees. All out here, shore diving... She is kickin' it with kids half her age. No doubles tho... She is often out at cove 2 on Sundays for what she calls her "PT" dive :)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

I have two dive buddies, both in their mid-60s, that have had knee replacement. Both still shore dive locally without any problems. One sometimes needs a bit of help donning her fin on that side. One will even walk the hill at Sunrise without any problems!! Both did their PT religiously, and both opted for hyperbaric treatments to aid in healing.
Jenn
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Not a knee replacement but, surgery on both knees, both shoulders, my spine/back twice and a dental implant all with no issues.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

This is very encouraging. Thanks for the replies
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option