ThThTh 8/13

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

ThThTh 8/13

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Who's up for ThThTh this week?
If the weather's good, how about bbq'ing some killer lamb kabobs with lemon, garlic and all the fixins'?
Hopefully the viz'll be better

Update as of 8/13 11am
Divesite = Redondo
Meet time = 6:30pm
No BBQ

Earlier dives also available, contact Tom Nic
Last edited by YellowEye on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Re: ThThTh 8/13

Post by verrinne »

im out ill be at lake wenatchee
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

I'm in. Lamb kabobs sound fantastic! I'll bring some beer...

What kind of schedule do you have in mind? 6:30 meet, 7:00 splash, 8:30 dine?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Yup, that schedule sounds good!
At Redondo
or maybe cove2, I think Jesse may want to go there(?)
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Cove2 would work great for me, since I have a friend coming in from out of Town, then I can show her the beautiful Seattle skyline! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Bbq at cove 2 would be very difficult due to battle for every inch of parking .... Just saying..
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

I'm up for either, though I think Gdog has a point regarding the logistics...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

If anyone can go earlier in the South Sound I'm hoping Jeff will be able to come out and play. I have an evening meeting this week so I'm out for a late dive. Shame to miss that bbq!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Tom Nic you need to come do a dive with me sometime soon! Been too long since I heard your booming voice say BOULDER ALLEY!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tangfish wrote:Tom Nic you need to come do a dive with me sometime soon! Been too long since I heard your booming voice say BOULDER ALLEY!
I'd love to Calvin.

BTW, we are headed up to Nootka the end of September. Mr. Rawlings is coming, and it is Val's trip. Not my place to invite you, but check with Val and you might get to hear the real thing... :)
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

I will be happy to join in the fun this week! Cove2 would be fine with me.
Dave
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Tom Nic wrote:
Tangfish wrote:Tom Nic you need to come do a dive with me sometime soon! Been too long since I heard your booming voice say BOULDER ALLEY!
I'd love to Calvin.

BTW, we are headed up to Nootka the end of September. Mr. Rawlings is coming, and it is Val's trip. Not my place to invite you, but check with Val and you might get to hear the real thing... :)
Oooh! I've been wanting to head there! If you need some extra buddies, let me know! :) :)
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

dlh wrote:I will be happy to join in the fun this week! Cove2 would be fine with me.
Great Dave! Congrats on your work project!

We still need to make the call based on viz reports and whether Jesse wants to do cove 2 thursday, and if some of our more southern residents want to make that trip. What do you all think?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

YellowEye wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:
I'd love to Calvin.

Oooh! I've been wanting to head there! If you need some extra buddies, let me know! :) :)
Again, not my call, but if it worked out for you to come that would be great.

BOULDER ALLEY!! :)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

YellowEye wrote:
dlh wrote:I will be happy to join in the fun this week! Cove2 would be fine with me.
Great Dave! Congrats on your work project!

We still need to make the call based on viz reports and whether Jesse wants to do cove 2 thursday, and if some of our more southern residents want to make that trip. What do you all think?
It looks like Jeff and I will be diving South sound (TTN or Redondo) earlier in the day. We can't do the evening dive(s). When we have it figured out we'll post, and anyone is welcome to join us.

But of course those diving in the evening please pick the location that works for you all!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Sorry, just got back from Dallas. It might be better to go a little south for mr. Gdog. But I'd like to see the octo on eggs :)
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Gdog,
I'm down with Redondo....
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Scubie Doo wrote: But I'd like to see the octo on eggs :)
Isn't there one at TTN?
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Yep earlier dives work for me and I am open the the dive site as long as it is one of your south sites. Would love to do Cove 2 again someday.

Maybe I should ask does anyone have extra weight pouches or recommend a brand? I have Deep Outdoors right now and I do NOT like them at all. Might go back to dive shop to talk to them as I have has issues with the right pocket always dropping out during a dive. There is just this small velcro piece that is suppose to keep it locked in and if it was not for the clip I would have corked long ago. Ask Tom Nic as he tried to stuff it back in during a dive. :boxer:
Jeff Castor
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Just did Cove 2 yesterday. Vis was actually quite good down below the green layer, which is down to about 30 feet.

So what's the call on tomorrow's dive?

Tom Nic I will ping Val. Haven't seen Jude in a long time (run into Scott here and there).
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Jeff and I will arrive at TTN at 11 am.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Are all up for 3 tree then?
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I'm not sure if I will be able to go.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Oh, didn't realize we were talking so early. Tom are you planning to do more than one dive, and Eric are you gonna be there at 11?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

We will try and do 2 dives.