Friday Harbor air fills?

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Friday Harbor air fills?

Post by Furnari »

I understand the building housing the fill station burned down a couple of years ago- does anyone know if there's air fills available on the island again?
Furnari
Aquaphile

Re: Friday Harbor air fills?

Post by Furnari »

I'm guessing by the response that there are no airfills on the island :) Second question- any recommendations for a place to night dive on SJI? Our party is made up of intermediate to advanced divers, but only a couple of us have been up there. The site doesn't have to be deep or mind blowing- I'd be completely happy with 20' of water and eel grass beds...
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

San Juan county park would be a good night dive. For air fills you might contact UW's Friday Harbor Labs and find out where they get their tanks filled. Many years ago the contractor who supplied air for the labs filled my tanks. We had a family tradition of spending New Years on San Juan Island for several years. That way our last dive of the year, and the first dive of the next year was off the west side of the island. I hope you have a great time.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Thanks, Curt!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Friday Harbor Labs has their own airfill station, and no-one but their own scientific divers are able to use it.
There are NO airfill stations on any of the islands currently. Closest air is in Anacortes.
Basically - BYOT!
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Thanks, Janna-
We're definitely BYOTs, but it's always nice to have options...