Les Davis 02/02 with the Tweakers and Tacoma FD

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Clay
Avid Diver

Les Davis 02/02 with the Tweakers and Tacoma FD

Post by Clay »

So no sh*t there I was...... Diving my brand new "Dusty" light for the first time at Les Davis with some friends. Visibility was approximately 15 feet with the tide all the way out past the rocks. Dive went well, saw lots of critters and didn't have any problems to speak of so I was rather surprised when we surfaced near the entrance and was greeted by Tacoma's finest. Approximately 8 or so Tacoma firefighters were asking me if we were Ok, they got called for a diver in distress, I spoke with the Battalion Chief and let him know we were fine and all accounted for and apologized for him having to come visit us.

After the Fire dept left, a "tweeker" currently rolling on meth introduced himself as the caller. The very entertaining conversation revealed he could see my really bright light in the water, that combined with some other fantastic logic he thought we were in trouble so he called 911. First time in 15 years of PNW diving I've encountered something like this so I felt I should share.

Dusty's light is everything you all said it was but be careful, it makes the tweakers nervous.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Les Davis 02/02 with the Tweakers and Tacoma FD

Post by ScubaJess »

Man that's crazy!
Glad you had a great dive. I love my Dusty light too! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

...wow.....

Tweaker logic!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Ha!
Awesome story!!!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Dusty lights are tweaker magnets?
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

I was out with a young student at Les Davis awhile back, and spotted something that initially looked like a Chihully glass object. I picked it up, checked it out and then handed it over to the kid - and he held onto it for the rest off the dive. Back on shore, he proudly showed it off to his mom. They were both a bit excited over his diving "treasure", but weren't exactly sure what it was.

I suggested it was likely "evidence"...
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

Linedog wrote:Dusty lights are tweaker magnets?
its Either his light or the tacoma water front at night.... it's a toss up
Clay
Avid Diver

Post by Clay »

I wish I could have recorded his "logic" for calling 911... it was hilarious.... he said something about he's a diver or his friend is... so he starts telling me all this stuff he thinks we should have been doing. It was great! I lit him up pretty good for calling the FD and explained life to him. I'm pretty sure I made a difference......