MY Adventure to Rockaway Beach

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

MY Adventure to Rockaway Beach

Post by verrinne »

me and my buddy randy williams ventured across the pond to bainebridge to dive the reefs off rockaway beach
the main one was norranders reef. it was an amazing dive not a ton of life in the fish relm but tons of nudi's, plumis's, sponges, and other cool non fish things. great dive its like a natural saltwater state park with little to no current, and its right by blackley rock.
we did two dives a 50 minute on a steel 100 ended with 1250psi and 45 minutes on an AL80 ended on 750psi.
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: MY Adventure to Rockaway Beach

Post by ScubaJess »

Very nice! I've only done Norranders once but it was great! I'd like to go back.
Glad you're diving again :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

verrinne wrote:me and my buddy randy williams ventured across the pond to bainebridge to dive the reefs off rockaway beach
the main one was norranders reef. it was an amazing dive not a ton of life in the fish relm but tons of nudi's, plumis's, sponges, and other cool non fish things. great dive its like a natural saltwater state park with little to no current, and its right by blackley rock.
we did two dives a 50 minute on a steel 100 ended with 1250psi and 45 minutes on an AL80 ended on 750psi.
Sounds like a fun adventure!

Did you seen any nudis other than dorids or alabasters? They seem hard to come by lately.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more! Your fellow diver will appreciate any viz reports you can add!
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

A white lemon peel looking dorid. But mostly all lemons, and alibasters
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau