Introductions Please

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I am one of thouse divers lucky enough to be abule to say Grateful Diver was my mentor. I have learned so much under his Tuteledge
I learned the importence of being a safe diver and planning your dive and diveing your plan . but the most important leson I was tought by Bob is what I think is one of the most important lessons to learn as a new diver

and that would be how to be a good dive budy. Thanks Bob and welcome againe to the Club

these our our kinds of folks I belive you will have a lot of fun diving with these guys Iknow I am

Looking foward to haveing a long meeting with you soon as I can make it to " The Office " agine

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
kalvyn
Getting To Know Folks

Hi, I'm new!

Post by kalvyn »

Hi, I'm Jimmie and I'm new here. I started diving in ernest in late 2002, and Bob Bailey was one of the first local divers I met. He watched me do my second ever drysuit dive at Les Davis, complete with foot coming out of boot in the shallows! :supz:

Unfortunately, my current work schedule has prevented Bob and I from diving together as often as we used to (I work until 5:30 pm). It's my loss. :( I've also got another additction that's cut into my hobby time: motorcycles! :smt035 Check me out at Pacific Raceways in Kent this past April:

http://www.malchick.com/r6/jimmie-track.jpg

If anyone's up to do some after work dives in the Tacoma area, hit me up! I don't like heading up to Cove 2 after work on a weeknight now, since I won't get home until after 9. Tacoma or Redondo are good options, though!

Jimmie
Wide open 'til you see God, then brake!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

welcome Kalvyn (Jimmie)! :salute:

I'm also down here on the South End (Lakewood).
If you are not getting enough dive time, you are fitting in with most of us here at nwdiveclub. looking fwd to meeting up with you. Maybe we'll meet at Les Davis one day. I work at Sea-Tac so my favorite "after work dive" is at Three Tree N.
As I said, one common thing around here is...
We all want to be diving more!

By the way, do you know Tom Wertman? Morticycle rider / Instructor at
Pacific Raceway.
kalvyn
Getting To Know Folks

Post by kalvyn »

BASSMAN wrote:By the way, do you know Tom Wertman? Morticycle rider / Instructor at
Pacific Raceway.
I actually live in Lakewood too. If you are in the Lakewood UWS a lot, I've probably seen you in there before. We'll have to hit Les Davis for an after work dive. I work in downtown Tacoma, it's real convenient for a Les Davis after work dive or two! \:D/

I don't know Tom, but I see he's a WRMMA racer. The picture of me is from the April 2-Fast Performance School. I have some friends that race WMRRA, too, so I've probably seen Tom in the pits at a race. My buddies race in LW Endurance and LW SuperTeams, so they might know each other though.

Jimmie
Wide open 'til you see God, then brake!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Great, I'll see you around Lakewood UWS!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hiya Jimmie, great to meet you (in cyberspace). \:D/

I can only imagine how addicted I'd become if I gave motorcycles a shot, I'm that type of person, y'know.

That's cool that we have another diver from the South to meet up with for dives at Sunrise, Titlow and Redondo.

Hope to see you in the water soon! :salute:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome to the club! Cool motorcycle race pic, btw. A buddy of mine just started this custom bike business you might be interested in, check it out:

http://www.halpincustomsportbikes.com/2.html

Hope to see you in the water soon!

-Josh
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

lets go!!!! Welcome Martin!!
=D>
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Who the heck is Martin?! It's Jimmie we're all saying hello to :smt064

Hey Jimmie, what's the deal with your user name, Kalvyn, is that your surname?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Hello all, my name is Adron. I am relatively new to the Seattle area as well as a relatively new diver. I would like to meet for a local dive sometime. I know I saw somewhere on here that people from the club meet occasionaly. Let me know when the next informal plunge is and I'll be happy to tag along! Anyone interested in a night dive? I Look forward to meeting some of you!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome Adron! That's a nice avatar you have there. Yes, you're right to assume that there are dives on a regular basis. Most Wednesday evenings we get together at Cove 2. On the weekends we dive at varying locations around the Sound.

Tell us your dive history so we can match you up with the right folks and take your skill level and experience into account for specific dive sites. :book:
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Jimmie!!!
Good to see you are around! I live in Tacoma now and am working there as well So LETS GO DIVING!!!!
Cove 2 is hard to get to for me during the week with the traffic and such but I am up for Les Davis, Titlow, or as always...Redondo!!!
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Nice avatar I see youve been to mukilteo.....
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

A Brief History of Dive: by Adron
I certified Open Water at the beginning of April 06'. I certified Advanced Open Water at the end of May. So far I have about 20 dives. Let's increase that number shall we! :smt035
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Adron! Bassman and myself are in Tacoma, and have logged 30 - 40 dives, so we are right about where you are! You'll enjoy this bunch!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Seargent Pepper wrote:A Brief History of Dive: by Adron
I certified Open Water at the beginning of April 06'. I certified Advanced Open Water at the end of May. So far I have about 20 dives. Let's increase that number shall we! :smt035
Sweet! We're about tied, there.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Yes, yes, the buddha from Mukilteo. A lot of my dives so far have been there. I've missed the huge octopi on the sunken boat though... so far. The 4 ft lingcod at Edmonds have made up for it though! :supz:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Last time I was at the sattelite dish there was a resident ling there It was about 4ft or so..
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I dove at Edmonds underwater park on Sunday. Most of the people here are familiar with it I'm sure, but I couldn't believe the size of the Lingcods and there was a Cabezon with a head the size of a bulldog's! Just insane ... Now that would be a great place for a night dive!
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

Nice to meet you Seargent Pepper, maybe we'll see you on wed night.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Hola Adron (Sgt Pepper)
Looking fwd to diving with you soon!

Bassman, (Keith)
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Hey everyone, my name is Brian and I forgot how I stumbled onto this site, but I'm glad I've found yet another place to hangout.

I've been diving for about 6 years now. I was originally certified in a crash course in Cozumel (won't go into the details of that, as it horrifies me now that I know what I didn't know then :pale: ).

Upon returning I decided to try the Puget Sound. After all, I was certified, it's got to be the same here as it is in Coz right? Anyway, it took some "adjusting", but I was immediately hooked. I can't say I've logged as many dives as Bob in that period of time, but I've averaged 150-200 a year. I am an active NAUI Instructor with Northwest Sports Divers, and usually share the "office" space with Bob and the other regulars at Alki.

I've also dived in British Columbia numerous times (Quadra Island is simply incredible) as well as 100 or so dives on Maui and Kauai.

Looking foward to meeting and chatting with you!

Brian
Last edited by BDub on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, welcome to our little club!

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Brian, welcome aboard! :smt038

I agree that the transition from warm to cold is a hard one to make, but great once you're used to it. I did probably 100 dives or so in tropical water before my first real dive around here. It took me quite a few, but now I'm totally hooked on the diving around here. (notice the tagline)

I hope to see you and Bob at The Office one of these days. I've been having some trouble with one of my regs but I just got a new one so I'll be in the water this weekend. Woohoo! :smt035
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Brian,
Welcome!
Glad to see yet, one more experienced diver here, to learn from. :book:
Looking fwd to meeting and diving with you some day!
=D>

Bassman (Keith)