Trade 3 al tanks for steels

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Trade 3 al tanks for steels

Post by verrinne »

I have 4 al80's plus an old lp Al72 (2475 psi). I know steel is much better so I would liike to trade 2 or 3 of my Al80's for 1 or 2 steel tanks preferably 100's to 119's?
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Trade 3 al tanks for steels

Post by Scubie Doo »

You may be better off selling the al80 and 72, and using that money to buy a 100. Unfortunately, you may have to sell all 5 to get 1. Or maybe a shop will trade???
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Scubie is right. No one is likely to take your deal.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Unfortunately AL80s, if I am looking for one I would expect to pay about 60-70 if in hydro as their worth up here in the PNW is pretty low. I would use one for a deco bottle or monkey dive. The steel 72 holds little value by itself as this is less air than an 80 so usually those are more useful up here as dubs for recreational dives.

just my 2psi
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Post by verrinne »

does anyone have any doubles for sale?
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau