Prediction: Good vis is on its way

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Prediction: Good vis is on its way

Post by dsteding »

The cloud cover and cooler temperatures make me think it is time for the first good vis event of the summer. You heard it here first, and I'm so confident it will happen I am not even worried that this post is going to jinx us.
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

We had a solid 30ft in places yesterday morning at Cove2.
I am ready to get a full face set up for jelly season though, no OOG's doug.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Yesterday afternoon at Mukilteo T-dock the vis was a few feet until you got below 45-50fsw, then it opened up to maybe 20'. A lot of life in the water though. I was surprised my the amount of barnicals growing on the geodome already, and some BIG jellies.

Let's hope you're right. \:D/

Jake
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I will confirm tonight, hopefully.
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

mattwave wrote:We had a solid 30ft in places yesterday morning at Cove2.
We need to do a better job slicing and dicing the jellies.

You around on Saturday? Doing a skills dive in the AM at Cove 2, but if you wanted to scooter at some point, I'd be down . . .
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Had almost 30' of vis at Redondo last night. Prolly the best vis I have ever had there.. Lots of smutz in the water near the entry point but by the time we had swam to the end of the pier and looked down you could see all the way to the bottom and it was high tide...
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be at The Office tonight and tomorrow night doing skills dives for my Trimix class ... hope the vis is decent, I'll try not to muck it up too badly for those of you out sight-seeing ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

the rain is probably going to wash more fertilizer into the sound and when the sun comes out the algae is going to bloom up again... i don't think we're into the good viz yet...
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Les Davis

Post by girldiver »

I was at Les Davis on Monday...THICK cover to 10'....then opened up to an amazing 30'. Pretty cool!
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

All that viz and you still couldn't find your fin? \:D/
I'll be bringing you your 55 as soon as I can get down to the valley( or you can come up here)
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

30' below 70 fsw tonight at cove 2- maybe 20 above that. Had a great dive! :supz:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Vis was good tonight, though I can't tell if it was that way b/c of the water or my new light! :supz:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Calvin wrote:Vis was good tonight, though I can't tell if it was that way b/c of the water or my new light! :supz:
Whad'ya get? :book:
Last edited by Sounder on Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

All right Doug, I'm going to Mukilteo park today to test out your vis theory. I have my new camera with me and I'm hoping for some nice pics, you better be right about this vis thing...... :smt064

Jake
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

That was the best vis at Cove 2 I have seen in a while. At one point I was sitting back taking in a view of just about the entire I-beams covered in plum anemones while Nailer and Calvin hovered slightly above. It was almost that diving in a fish bowl feeling I sometimes get diving warm water. Great dive last night! =D>
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

Ken G wrote:That was the best vis at Cove 2 I have seen in a while. At one point I was sitting back taking in a view of just about the entire I-beams covered in plum anemones while Nailer and Calvin hovered slightly above. It was almost that diving in a fish bowl feeling I sometimes get diving warm water. Great dive last night! =D>
Damn, that does sound nice. I am diving Saturday morning, but will be scooter-less, which is a bummer, I've yet to scooter in good vis. Need to work on kick-diving skills to do my fundies check-out.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Ken G wrote:That was the best vis at Cove 2 I have seen in a while. At one point I was sitting back taking in a view of just about the entire I-beams covered in plum anemones while Nailer and Calvin hovered slightly above. It was almost that diving in a fish bowl feeling I sometimes get diving warm water. Great dive last night! =D>
Was that you guys who came by while we were doing our drills at the base of the white can buoy? One of the divers was in doubles. We were kind've busy running lines and practicing failures, so I didn't get a chance to wave ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Ya Bob that was us. You looked pretty busy when we passed so I did not want to interupt. How did your class go?
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Good news, I'm diving Cove 2 tomorrow afternoon with some friends. Can't wait to see that site again, getting titer of the pea soup at Mukilteo.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

TC,

You need to do your advanced class if you're gonna keep diving at Mukilteo. Vis in the upper ranges is often bad, but if you drop down underneath that it opens right up.

Tonight it was below about 20 fsw that it opened up. Kwbyron and I dove the clay walls and had 30+ foot vis at the wall. A great day of diving! \:D/

Doug's prediction was correct!

Jake
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yep- 30 feet or better @ cove 2 tonight again. Very nice.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

We had at least 15 feet at Edmonds this evening, and no current whatsoever. TONS of life -- schools of young rockfish hiding in the anemones, as well as tubesnouts and shiner perch. I love fish! Very nice dive, and the quietest water I've had at Edmonds in a long time, despite the huge exchange this evening. Go figure.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Well, I'm oficially signed up for AOW beginning Sept 11. Can't wait to get to night dive.

As far as Viz @ Muk. to avoid writers cramp my logs are beginning to read Muk standard...

Maybe I'll see some of you @ Cove 2 tonight.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
mattwave
Amphibian

Post by mattwave »

dsteding wrote:
mattwave wrote:We had a solid 30ft in places yesterday morning at Cove2.
We need to do a better job slicing and dicing the jellies.

You around on Saturday? Doing a skills dive in the AM at Cove 2, but if you wanted to scooter at some point, I'd be down . . .
Yah, I am teaching tech at 7am, but just skills and then taking out some newer divers at 10:30am, if we could squeeze in a 9am X-Dive, I am down. Shoot that will make 6 mornings in a row at cove2, well off to 30+ vis.
"Scuba Like You Love It!"
Let's go diving
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

mattwave wrote:
Yah, I am teaching tech at 7am, but just skills and then taking out some newer divers at 10:30am, if we could squeeze in a 9am X-Dive, I am down. Shoot that will make 6 mornings in a row at cove2, well off to 30+ vis.

I just sent an email to Peter (cc'd you) seeing if he can push the skills dive back to 11 ish, if so, I'll be at Cove 2 and we can scooter after your first dive is done.