My drusuit experience

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
deep diver
Pelagic

My drusuit experience

Post by deep diver »

I decided to buy a new DUI 450 drysuit during the underwater sports supper sale. Since I spend most of my time near Portland I contacted a Dive shop in Oregon City to see if they would sell me one for the same price as Underwater sports was selling them for. The owner of the Oregon shop said that he was going to be at the Underwater sports sale and would ask the Rep there if they would match the price. He called me from the show at the DUI desk and said that they would match the price, which included the sports package and rock boots with the suit and they said that they would also throw in the insulated undergarments, and insulated socks. This kind of suprised me as all this wasn't included in their sale ad or last years sale.
I went to the shop and got measured and they ordered my suit. Jen, who did the measuring was very nice and helpful. 6 weeks later when I went to the shop to pick up my suit and I noticed there were no knee pads, no hood, no insulation suit or socks, just the suit and the rock boots and one pocket. He told me that they must have forgot to put in the rest of the stuff and he would get it from them and mail it to me. Then I got the phone call a week later to inform me that the insulation stuff didn't come with it and he would sell it to me. The suit would have to be sent back to put the knee pads on and DUI would mail me a hood. This was unacceptable to me as if he just told me from the start that he made a mistake and that none of this would be included, I would have accepted that. He never once appoligized for it or admitted he even told me that any of it was included. I emailed him and said that I would like my money back rather than send my new suit back for what should have been on it in the first place, plus not buying from someone who lied to me. He wouldn't return my calls until I canceled my credit card. Then he called all upset that I would do that, but finally agreed to send me a shipping lable to send it back to him. He said that he would be able to sell it no problem for a lot more than I paid for it anyway.
I called DUI to let them know what one of their dealers had done and she was very nice and said that she would do whatever it would take to make me happy. She would give me the suit for the same price, but I would have to go to underwater sports to get measured and order. Since I didn't want to drive that far I decided to buy a Santi, which I just got today! Nice suit!

Moral of the story is to get everything in writing before you agree to buy anything.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: My drusuit experience

Post by Gdog »

Wow. What a story. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. Enjoy the Santi, you earned it!
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

:eek: I don't think I would have taken the suit from the shop. What was he going to do mail you knee pads? :eek:
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

Just putting trust in someone to do the right thing. Didn't notice knee pads weren't there until I got it home.
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I had a bad experience with a DUI rep years ago at a UWS store. From that time on I vowed I would never deal with or own a DUI product. I currently have a DUI weight harness but will be swapping it out as soon as I find a replacement.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Linedog wrote:I had a bad experience with a DUI rep years ago at a UWS store.
That rep is no longer with DUI. He shifted over to USIA
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

rcontrera wrote:
Linedog wrote:I had a bad experience with a DUI rep years ago at a UWS store.
That rep is no longer with DUI. He shifted over to USIA
He was a she.
Pop tarts and gravy,
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Ah ... a she was it! Then, that was most likely the owner.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

All the more reason for me to avoid DUI like the plague!
Pop tarts and gravy,
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the shop owner.
I have a DUI and I love the suit.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Dang ... You think when ya spend that kinda scuba coin, that everything would be correct ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

rcontrera wrote:Ah ... a she was it! Then, that was most likely the owner.
The owner of ? The owner of DUI did not shift over to USIA. (at least not that I know of, and it seems somewhat unlikely, stranger things have happened, but this is how weird rumors get started so please be clear)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

No ... the Rep moved to USIA.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Post by ljjames »

----