Dive watch

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Dive watch

Post by JJHACK »

Does anyone actually use a dive watch anymore? I'll bet that 90% of the dive watches sold are for a kind of status only. I have two, and Omega Seamaster which I don't use at all. And a small swiss watch makers all Bronze watch that I bought in Cape Town South Africa 20 years ago. That one I wear daily and use diving for nostalgia, mostly.... although it's lume is an absolute torch underwater so it's easy to see the time. The case is a bit gnarly in appearance with the dark old tarnished bronze look. It's only polished bronze on the edges where it frequently rubs on a shirt sleeve.

Dive computers have replaced the need of the old dive watch about 100% as far as I can tell. I still love dive watches but they seem to have gone by the wayside now.
The best things in life are not things
GearHead
Submariner

Dive watch

Post by GearHead »

I have a couple Seiko dive watches that I still occasionally use for diving. Sometimes it's nice to know the actual time, typically in warm water. I've given up on trying to keep my Liquivision computers calibrated to the correct time, or reading their time display under water.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Re: Dive watch

Post by Jeff Pack »

time is on my shearwater, no watch needed
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.