Komodo

Post and discuss beautiful underwater photos and video brought back from the depths of the sea.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Komodo

Post by stphnmartin »

I took a trip to Komodo in Indonesia last July and have just now finished the video. I used a brand new camera setup, the Panasonic GH5, and learned a lot I wish I knew before the trip! The highlight of the trip was witnessing a school of 200 - 300 cow nosed rays. Anyway, Indonesia is a very special place on this earth. If it's not on your dive list, it should be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h80xPLugANs
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Komodo

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool!
Great job Stephen!

I especially like the scenes at :45, 1:20, 2:20, 2:37, 3:20, 3:28, 3:54(!!), 3:58, 5:05 (what is it??), 5:45, 6:30 (!!!), 7:07, and everything between :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

YellowEye wrote:Very cool!
Great job Stephen!

I especially like the scenes at :45, 1:20, 2:20, 2:37, 3:20, 3:28, 3:54(!!), 3:58, 5:05 (what is it??), 5:45, 6:30 (!!!), 7:07, and everything between :)
I agree!!!! Really well done!!! A work of art! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Nicely done. I like that you kept the regulator noise in there in the background instead of just cutting it out completely.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Fantastic! Did you take a drone for the aerial shots?
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Great job Stephen!

Thank YE. I think the thing you ask what is it, is a Cowrie. You're probably familiar with their shells.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

ScubaJess wrote:
Great job Stephen!

I agree!!!! Really well done!!! A work of art! :)
Thanks Jess!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

jmartel wrote:Nicely done. I like that you kept the regulator noise in there in the background instead of just cutting it out completely.
Haha, yeah, I added that in. Actually, I looked for a section of clips that had fairly normal breathing sounds. It turns out I make a lot of weird noises underwater! And, I also cuss a lot when I can't get things in focus or some other camera problem frustrates me. So, yeah, that's the fully edited and censored underwater breathing track. :)
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

fmerkel wrote:Fantastic! Did you take a drone for the aerial shots?
Yep, I dragged a DJI Phantom 4 around the world to get those shots. Worthwhile but a pain when carrying all the other scuba and camera equipment!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

stphnmartin wrote:
jmartel wrote:Nicely done. I like that you kept the regulator noise in there in the background instead of just cutting it out completely.
Haha, yeah, I added that in. Actually, I looked for a section of clips that had fairly normal breathing sounds. It turns out I make a lot of weird noises underwater! And, I also cuss a lot when I can't get things in focus or some other camera problem frustrates me. So, yeah, that's the fully edited and censored underwater breathing track. :)
HAHA you should release an un edited out take clip for fun :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

Fantastic Stephen!! Thank you for creating these videos for us to see. They are all so amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

bradmond wrote:Fantastic Stephen!! Thank you for creating these videos for us to see. They are all so amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Thanks Brad. Glad to know you're still alive!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Brother, you hit this one outta da park. Wow. Stunning!!!
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

Stephen, you've really outdone yourself this time!! Such an well done film from the drone footage and music to the stunning underwater stuff. Will be sharing with family and friends. Well done dude. :supz:

I think my favorite part was the massive group of rays.
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Gdog wrote:Brother, you hit this one outta da park. Wow. Stunning!!!
Thanks Gdog!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

theonly_JT wrote:Stephen, you've really outdone yourself this time!! Such an well done film from the drone footage and music to the stunning underwater stuff. Will be sharing with family and friends. Well done dude. :supz:

I think my favorite part was the massive group of rays.
Thanks JT! Now if we can just import some of those animals to our waters!
Hoodsport_Diver
Compulsive Diver

Post by Hoodsport_Diver »

Stephen,
I finally got around to catching-up on posts and viewed your video today. FANTASTIC! You did a tremendous job of shooting, editing and producing. I can only echo the comments of others here. This is one for the ages.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hoodsport_Diver
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Hoodsport_Diver wrote:Stephen,
I finally got around to catching-up on posts and viewed your video today. FANTASTIC! You did a tremendous job of shooting, editing and producing. I can only echo the comments of others here. This is one for the ages.
Thanks Alex! Really appreciate it!