Coming to Seattle in late Feb. Anyone need a buddy?

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
kcblakely
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Coming to Seattle in late Feb. Anyone need a buddy?

Post by kcblakely »

Huy guys: I'm coming to seattle 24-25 Feb for a short conference, and I could come a week early or stay a week late, or any combination. I'm hoping to link up with folx who want to go diving. Some specs:
  • I'm PADI TEC60 CCR certified on the AP Inspiration with over 200 hours on the unit.
    Also PADI AOW and NITROX, and TDI Adv NITROX, extended range and normoxic trimix
    Over 750 logged dives in all conditions all over the world; even lived in Tacoma for 2 years and dove the Puget Sound many times
    I'll be bringing all my gear: CCR, drysuit, sorb. I'll just need to rent a bailout bottle locally
    Happy to dive with OC guys, altho i will be closed circuit
    Prefer wrecks, altho will be happy to dive anything
    Happy to split costs
    I'll have a rent car and can go anywhere
    Shore diving is fine.
So: anyone up for diving? Drop me a line: ken@blakelys.us
kcblakely
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Re: Coming to Seattle in late Feb. Anyone need a buddy?

Post by kcblakely »

Wow. So much response. What a useful forum. Not.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I can dive with you. Do you know where you will stay? We have a few great local shore dives (Alki Junk Yard, Redondo, Mukiltio, Keystone on Whidbey island if currents and wind are good, need to check... etc.) . I don't like to go super deep, I like to take pics of the critters 70 or above. But I'm sure you can find other people to dive wrecks or deeper on here also.
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
theonly_JT
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by theonly_JT »

I would also be glad to get some dives in with you while your here! I have Fridays off and am free on the weekends so I would love to meet up and hit the water!! Shoot me a PM if your interested!
"Whoa! Big ol' blue's one serious place, dude." - Crush the sea turtle
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

I'd be glad to dive with you...
Where will you be staying?
What are your biggest types of dives you want to do and what critters do you like to see?
Shore dives or Boat dives?
Pm Me.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
kcblakely
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by kcblakely »

Hi All: Guess I spoke to soon on the snarky comment. Sorry!

I'm flying into SEATAC airport on Tues 20Feb. I could dive any time Tues Afternoon to Friday afternoon.

The conference i'm coming out for is at the Crown Plaza at SEATAC airport; I have to check in there Friday afternoon. I don't yet have a place to stay Tues, Wed and Thurs night, so I'll just get a cheap hotel or AirBnB, or stay at Ft Lewis (retired Army).

I'm up for almost any diving; I prefer wrecks, but I'm game for anything. Cold, dark, deep and currents don't bother me.

I was gonna bring the rebreather, but it seems like a lot of hassle and I might just rent OC stuff there.

If anyone can/would like to link up for a dive any time TuesEvening - FridayAfternoon, hit me up and we can coordinate. Thanx~

ken@blakelys.us
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Looks like you will be leaving before we can dive...
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I'd watch the dive planning thread for the ththth 2-22 dive at redondo. Usually they meet at 6:30. Very close to seatac.