MLK Dive @ Keystone (or somewhere else?)

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

MLK Dive @ Keystone (or somewhere else?)

Post by Jhelly88 »

Is anyone planning to dive next Monday on MLK Day? I figured it would be a good opportunity to do something reasonably far away. I'm thinking of Keystone around 10am. Would also be open to other dive sites!
Scuba Swanie
Avid Diver

Re: MLK Dive @ Keystone (or somewhere else?)

Post by Scuba Swanie »

Gotta work. I can usually get out for one dive during the week, but I like to use my one chit for the ThThTh dive at Redondo.
Blowin' Bubbles and Havin' Fun!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

ScubaJess and I will probably be at Keystone that day. Big shocker!

Hope to see you there!

I hope Pickles is open on MLK Day...
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

I've got the day off from work (yay!) If I can convince the fiancee to let me go I'll definitely join! I've never dived at Keystone and would really like to.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Ooo. The currents look great for Monday.
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

Post by Jhelly88 »

Yeah they do!

I’m going to try to catch the 8:30am ferry to splash around 10 and avoid the heavier current in the afternoon (also need to be back in Seattle for dinner).

I know of a few different groups headed out there on Saturday so hopefully Monday will be a bit less busy.

Just let me know if you are a confirmed “yes” so I don’t end up out there with no buddy :(
60south wrote:Ooo. The currents look great for Monday.
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Jhelly88 wrote:Just let me know if you are a confirmed “yes” so I don’t end up out there with no buddy :(
I'm dithering. I have some other obligations this weekend and I'm trying to wedge in day of diving.
tykeal
Avid Diver

Post by tykeal »

And I hoped I was going to be in for this but I'm going to have to be out. The drive up from the Portland area and the fact that I would have to day trip it make it infeasible if I want to arrive at either end safely as well as dive in a safe manner without being over tired :(
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

Post by Jhelly88 »

Last call! Any takers?? (Otherwise I may go skiing). Weather’s looking good too!
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Jhelly88 wrote:Last call! Any takers?? (Otherwise I may go skiing). Weather’s looking good too!
Me! I'm good to go. What's the plan? Meet at 10 or splash at 10?

I'd like to do two dives. I'll be taking the ferry from Port Townsend if anyone would like to carpool.

glenn
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

Post by Jhelly88 »

Let’s splash at 10. I’m going to be taking the 8am ferry from Mukilteo (and will make a stop at Pickle’s - hopefully their open).
60south
Pelagic

Post by 60south »

Jhelly88 wrote:Let’s splash at 10. I’m going to be taking the 8am ferry from Mukilteo (and will make a stop at Pickle’s - hopefully their open).
Yay! Diving!

I have a reservation on the 8am ferry from PT. If anyone would like to tag along, I have another seat in the truck and I can bring an extra HP 100 of nitrox.

Jhelly88, I drive a white Toyota Tacoma.

glenn
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

We are planning on splashing about 10:15.
Hopefully pickles will be open tomorrow they open at 9 :) if not the Whidbey Island pie company is also fantastic it's located at Whidbey farms close to the keystone turn :)

See you tomorrow! Viz was about 15-20 today. It was so nice and sunny and calm seas hope it stays the same for mlk day :-)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Jhelly88
Avid Diver

Post by Jhelly88 »

Nice! See you soon!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Was so much fun to see you guys at Keystone this weekend!

On a side note. My phone got run over in the Pickles Deli parking lot. So if you need me please send me a note on here :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: