Neap Tide in the San Juans

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Neap Tide in the San Juans

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy
My friend Keith and I headed out to the San Juans yesterday on his boat. As it was a mild exchange with a flood, and winds were behaving, we got to do a nice set of dives out in the outer san juans... Long Island Wall, Whale Rocks, Deadman's Island... Doesn't get much better than that!

PS King crabs, tons of brooding and painted and snakelock anemones. Keith saw Candy Stripes and dozens of nudibranch as well (I missed most of them due to being on wide angle)

What a great day!
reef.jpg
crab.jpg
anemone.jpg
color.jpg
Hope you all had a nice tide window!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Neap Tide in the San Juans

Post by Vjw »

Amazing photos - so colorful!! - wish I could have gone there too!!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow so beautiful! So much life! Love the PSK crab & all the color. You guys are awesome! :)
I hope I can go soon. I'm in Candy Stripe Shrimp withdrawal!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Love the PSKC shot! Glad the winds cooperated.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Love it! Well done!

We are a privileged bunch to get to dive our amazing waters!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
bradmond
Submariner

Post by bradmond »

great shots Eric!!
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Nice photos as always. So glad that the San Juan's charter season is here! Long Island wall was my intro to boat diving in cold water when I was still really new and it completely sunk the hook for my obsession. I had only done a handful of local shore dives up until then and had no idea that the sound could compete with the tropics for quality and quantity of life.
Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Yes, Long Island is amazing. It is quite difficult to photograph though, as there's so much going on! I forgot to mention the huge carpets of strawberry anemones too :)
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!