Deception Pass April 2018

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Deception Pass April 2018

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy Folks
Several NWDC'ers recently hit Deception Pass to take advantage of the tides.

Sunday, given the exchange we thought we should go in ~40 minutes before predicted slack. When we got in, the current felt like a force 5 hurricane and it didn't settle down much at all til 55 minutes into the dive. Once it settled, it turned quickly. JPA and I managed to eke out 78 minutes, mostly hiding in a crack in the shallows. We did manage a few minutes of relative peace (mostly on the ebb) and saw some sights like the first pic below. It was JPA's first time there and he did great, considering. A couple of our other divers bailed and clawed their way back, unsure what to expect. I learned a lot on this dive for reading the signs and giving briefings for future dives here. Diver Tab mentioned it was the second worse current he'd seen there in >100 dives!

Tuesday, conditions were great. No complaints, sun shining down on a 70+ minute dive, with no hiding the whole time. :)

Here were some of the snaps! It's so beautiful down there!
reef1.jpg
reef2.jpg
reef3.jpg
reef4.jpg
reef5.jpg
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Deception Pass April 2018

Post by ScubaJess »

Such beautiful snaps YE! :notworthy: :partydance: :taco:

Was great diving with you guys. :eric: :luv: :partyman: :pirate:

I can't wait to go back! So much color and life to look at and always an adventure! :popcorn: :calvin: :joshsmith: :taco:
Attachments
Val, JPA & YE looking cool at DP! :)
Val, JPA & YE looking cool at DP! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Tuesdays dive was Fun , But as i have been hearing from Jan And others ... The currents seem to be Having a Mind of there own ... When I got in the water with you guys and went Into the first cove Before the Bridge Footing , it was still moving east towards cornet Bay ... I hunkered down into a spot and stayed there the whole dive .. I was Kicking on this dive rather than using my Magnus Scooter and im not really fond of doing that ... I knew what was in store for me when I hit my turn pressure and had to head back to the beach, Lots of kicking and grabbing rocks. During my dive I felt the current slack down 3x .. but in the back eddy / Toilet bowl .. the current always flows east and never switches ..
Fun Day with Scuba Jess and YellowEYE ...
chris selfie.JPG
h20doctor.JPG
brood2.JPG
bridge.JPG
finger sponge.JPG
flowers.JPG
glove crab.JPG
sponge.JPG
the pass.JPG
deco crab.JPG
anem1.JPG
brooding.JPG
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Beautiful pictures - the color is amazing! Glad you guys had a good time Tuesday!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Gorgeous shots! I love all the pink anemones!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

So beautiful! Glad things settled down for you!
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Wow sounds like a great DP adventure!