15.5' Inflatable Dive Boat, $5500

No commercial posts, please. Individual divers only.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

15.5' Inflatable Dive Boat, $5500

Post by Rooinater »

Our dive boat is up for sale. For less than a nice scooter, you can be diving everything in the sound vs the same old shore diving scene. :partydance: Tow-able behind a Subaru Forester or Outback so you don't have to upgrade your dive rig! We've used this boat from Anacortes to Stuart Island runs, to all over the middle of the sound.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/boa/6566675369.html

2005 Advanced Marine Inflatables Extreme Cat 15.5'
-Youtube thunder cat surf racing if you want to know what the hydrafoil hull design was made for.

2003 Honda 40hp 4-stroke with 12gallon removeable tank with inline water fuel seperator. Blue top Marine Starting/Deep Cycle Marine battery.

Hummingbird down imaging sonar for finding the dive sites.

2015 full trailer custom rebuild, new metal, new torsion bar axle, new bearings, full length roller bunks for easy on and off the trailer, new tires/rims and LED lights.

2016 new impeller (comes with a spare impeller), new internal cooling anode

2017 Stainless Prop, comes with aluminum spare prop. New Ignition coils, spark plugs and wires, new fuel pump.

Scotty mounts on the tubes, for adding scotty pole holders as well.

22-23mph for top end speed with a load of dive gear. Plaining cruise speed for optimum fuel efficiency is 16 to 18mph. Dives 2-3 divers, and up to 4 people for crabbing/shrimping, with 2 people riding on the tubes

Custom pot puller/davit system project comes with the boat for crabbing with family and friends.

Lightweight and tow-able behind a Subaru Forester or Outback.

Excellent starter boat, lightweight and easy to tow. Cheaper than a new dive scooter and will get you out to all the dive sites in the greater Puget Sound area. Along with get you out to crabbing and shrimping sites beyond the crowded docks as well. My wife made me buy a bigger dive boat, which is the only reason I'm selling this one.

Serious inquiries only please, my time is more valuable than my need to sell the boat.

Stuart Island

Jones Island
Last edited by Rooinater on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: 15.5' Inflatable Dive Boat, $4500

Post by BillZ »

Wow - If someone is looking for a great Puget Sound dive platform at a good price this is it.
60south
Pelagic

Re: 15.5' Inflatable Dive Boat, $4500

Post by 60south »

PM sent.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: 15.5' Inflatable Dive Boat, $5500

Post by Scubie Doo »

Is this still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

Yes, we let the craigslist post expire because we don't have the time to spend all of our evenings showing the boat to craigslist looky-loos, especially with how many people responded. We are too busy getting our new boat ready for spearfishing season in a few weeks. Email me if you are seriously interested and we'll setup a time when I have a lull in prepping the new boat. We aren't in a hurry to sell it, my time is more valuable than any need to sell it. I will post a sold comment here when it is sold.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

Also, if you click on the link in my signature, there are 2 or 3 videos of the boat on my Vimeo Page from the san juans, to tacoma narrows area.

Washington Park to Stuart Island and back.
https://vimeo.com/217597411
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

What SS prop are you running? I have figgeted with props on mine from time to time but never switched to a SS - I have a Yam F60
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

Honda engines use Solas props. I'll have to go check the specs for the exact numbers, but I went down 1 pitch angle to match the aluminum prop that was on there. It's propped so that a medium to full load it hits the mid to upper range of the factory recommended upper rpm range. Lightly loaded it hits the upper end of the recommended RPM. The stainless definitely gave it a better get up and go, and it seems to hold the upper RPM's a smidge better. It also doesn't keep nicking like the aluminum prop always did.

I'll probably hold off on putting S.S. on the new boat's duo-props for awhile to keep the prop as the weak link if anything gets caught in the counter rotating props. Because the diesel probably will just keep torquing away until something gives...
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I'm running a solas aluminum 4 blade. The 3 blade didn't have enough bite in turns and I could ventilate fairly easily turning while loaded. Loaded for me is 8 cylinders and 3 or 4 bodies.

They duo props should have slip bushings just like a regular outboard. In case of a log or rope
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

CaptnJack wrote:What SS prop are you running? I have figgeted with props on mine from time to time but never switched to a SS - I have a Yam F60
Solas New Saturn #3331-111-13, right rotation, 3 blade, diameter 11-1/8, pitch 13
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

CaptnJack wrote:
They duo props should have slip bushings just like a regular outboard. In case of a log or rope
They do, but the props are a thousand bucks in Stainless Steel for duo props and the current ones work great and hit all of the right RPMs loaded down with a week of gear so they are very low on the project and priority list for the new boat. Damage a $1000+ dollar prop set, vs a $600 prop set, even without any extra damage one is cheaper to fix. :)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Rooinater wrote:
CaptnJack wrote:What SS prop are you running? I have figgeted with props on mine from time to time but never switched to a SS - I have a Yam F60
Solas New Saturn #3331-111-13, right rotation, 3 blade, diameter 11-1/8, pitch 13

Interesting and what would your max unloaded speed be with that?
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

Post by Rooinater »

CaptnJack wrote:
Interesting and what would your max unloaded speed be with that?
26 to 28 mph over ground. I prefer at least a few tanks or some weight in the boat, to keep on the water, it's scary light in the front unloaded, but the hull design prefers midship balanced weighting. Unweighted the catamaran design of the race hydrafoils skim the water, and the boat is superlight, 300-350lb range not including the motor.

This is what the hull is originally designed for.
https://youtu.be/JdSlIJuUoCw