ThThTh Invades Anilao, Philippines

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: ThThTh Invades Anilao, Philippines

Post by Scubie Doo »

Vjw wrote:Greetings everyone - here's a 5 minute video of the epic creatures we saw in Anilao this February. My favorite is still the blue ring octopus, but I like the turtle at the end alot too! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/RXLF8cLDd9c
Amazing work Val! I am so happy I shared in these great moments with you. :-)
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I agree! This is fantastic! You got so much epic footage! I just love the turtles! Great job!! :-)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Vjw wrote:Greetings everyone - here's a 5 minute video of the epic creatures we saw in Anilao this February. My favorite is still the blue ring octopus, but I like the turtle at the end alot too! Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/RXLF8cLDd9c
Awesome work. I think my favorite scenes are the two moray eels with divers in the background, the mantis shrimp digging a hole, the cuttle fish in the water column, the yawning hairy frog fish and of course the blue ring octo.

Also, gopro's make me look fat underwater. And above water too.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
derekcs
Perma Narc'd

Post by derekcs »

Good video, Valerie!
All underwater photographs of mine are posted at http://www.dereksinger.com
@dereksingerphotography on Instagram
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

Great video! It's amazing what kind of footage is achievable with a go-pro, adequate lighting and skills. I was a big fan of the Harlequin Shrimp footage and the octos.
Party underwater
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Here is my contribution from the trip:

https://youtu.be/pYK8FpTcHxs
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

All of it is spectacular!! Especially love the Pygmy seahorse twisting, the 3 sheep nudis, mantis shrimp with eggs, vibrant blue ring octo, all the many colors and sizes of frog fish (hairy too!), Coleman shrimp pair in the urchin and the emperor shrimp on the nudi! Wow! Your skill is amazing! Thanks so much for doing this so we can all enjoy it!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Vjw wrote:All of it is spectacular!! Especially love the Pygmy seahorse twisting, the 3 sheep nudis, mantis shrimp with eggs, vibrant blue ring octo, all the many colors and sizes of frog fish (hairy too!), Coleman shrimp pair in the urchin and the emperor shrimp on the nudi! Wow! Your skill is amazing! Thanks so much for doing this so we can all enjoy it!
Thank you. You've very kind. :)
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Its all awesome! But in particular, I love the sheep nudis. And the mantis shrimp clutching its eggs. Very very clear, very superb video my friend! Love it!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Hey Stephen, you keep getting better somehow. So epic!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Gdog wrote:Its all awesome! But in particular, I love the sheep nudis. And the mantis shrimp clutching its eggs. Very very clear, very superb video my friend! Love it!
Thanks Gdog. Enjoyed taking the adventure with you.
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

ScubaJess wrote:Hey Stephen, you keep getting better somehow. So epic!! :)
Thanks Jess. I'm trying to improve!
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Scubie Doo wrote:Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

I absolutely agree!!!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Post by stphnmartin »

Scubie Doo wrote:Absolutely amazing Stephen! Thank you for putting together the trip and this awesome video.

Thanks Scubie! Glad we had such a great time!