Hello from Roatan!

Post your questions (and answers) about dive excursions abroad here.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Hello from Roatan!

Post by dwashbur »

Kathy and I arrived at Cocoview yesterday afternoon after one of the longest and most exhausting plane trips we've ever taken. And that was without any real issues to contend with. But we're here, and the fun starts today. Hope everybody in Puget Sound is spending lots of time underwater to escape the smoke!
We'll be here for a week, and pictures will probably appear on Kathy's Facebook page first, so enjoy.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
dlh
Submariner

Re: Hello from Roatan!

Post by dlh »

Glad you made it! I'm curious why it was such a challenging flight. I went there a few times, years ago, and I recall something like a 4 hour flight to Houston and another few hours to Roatan. There was the time I got food poisoning eating in the Houston airport on the way home, but better the less I say about that.
Dave
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, enjoy the trip and the diving!
Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

Oh, Can't wait to hear about your adventure/trip.
I hope we can make it there next year or 2020
Have fun, be safe
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Give some love to the dogs for me! And watch out for your shoes! :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

The trip was a challenge mainly because of my bad knee. It did not like those airline seats and let me know it the whole way. Then our plane from Chicago was delayed and we almost missed our connection in Houston. We had no idea how far away it was but we knew we were cutting it close. I saw a courtesy cart with six seats and two riders, so I flagged it down and the driver took us to our gate. Had we not done that, we definitely would have missed the flight because the gate was roughly a mile and a half away. We made it with seconds to spare. But we got here, and we're having a blast. I posted a video I shot of a moray out in the open on my Facebook page, and have been putting some pictures there as well. More to come as we see stuff. Hope everybody in the PNW is having as great a time as we are!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com