Skyline Round 2

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Skyline Round 2

Post by H20doctor »

i skipped work and headed out to Anacortes with the camera gear and scooter loaded up ... arriving at the parking spot i had a front slot there at the beach ..Ohhhhh Ya tasty :supz: :supz: ... the wind was blowing a bit and creating some waves from the south as i waited for high tide slack.. I got in and zipped out to the point vrooooooom .. i dropped in the kelp beds to my surprise viz was excellent.. very clear ... The 2nd dive which was an Outgoing was full of nasty silt and goo from the river , it was really nasty to see the water column be effected by the river..
me skyline.JPG
i was here for another Look at a New to me Nudi... a very small 8mm in size !! its called a Doto ... and from mondays dive i needed to see more of them , Well it turns out that right now there is a mass spawn event of them ... On my 2 dives I found over 50 of them and they are Laying eggs.. i was using 2 diaopters plus my 60mm lens .. and even then I could barely see them in my Lcd screen.. Dive 1 was flat and calm ... slack was beautiful with zero push of current.. Dive 2 was pulsing with start and stop south current.. it would build and then taper off a tad.. at the end of dive 2 i had to tuck into a outcrop in order to not get blown away back to the beach...
I had an excellent time at skyline seeing the beauty of this site ...

the Doto
doto 5.JPG
doto bocca.JPG
doto eggs.JPG
eggs.JPG
candy crop.JPG
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Skyline Round 2

Post by Vjw »

Glad you got to back there a second time this week! Beautiful pictures, and I really like both your dive recaps!! Was great celebrating your birthday! And, don’t forget that salt water is good for your hair :joshsmith:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Skyline Round 2

Post by ScubaJess »

Ooh nice snaps!!!! So cool you found that many Doto's also I LOVE That Candy snap!!!! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco: