Thanks for the Add

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
lakewashboater
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Thanks for the Add

Post by lakewashboater »

Hello, my name is Brian and I was certified in 2015 as an open water diver. I went out and bought all of the cold water gear and have dove about 45 times in the past three years in the sound, lake Washington and a handful of dives in Cozumel. I live in Seattle, have a car and want to dive more. My current buddies get distracted with life and I am interested to meet new people, dive more and progress my skills. I am also interested in progressing to potentially a dive master/instructor cert and looking at the best place to knock out all the classes in either warm or cold water. Any recommendations or tips whether I should pursue this? Thanks
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Thanks for the Add

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board! We have weekly dives in the north and south Sound, you are welcome to join them. No buddy needed, we'll set you up! Keep your eye on the dive planning section.

With what agency are you thinking of pursuing your DM/instructor cert? If you are planning to work here primarily, I would do your coursework here. A friend of mine did an instructor boot camp in the Caribbean, and it was pretty brutal, plus the diving is just so dramatically different.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Welcome :)
Where are you located? Being in Kitsap I mostly dive in Hood Canal and west sound sites. We might have room on the boat for you sometime.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Hey, welcome! Hope to see you soon at one of our dives!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the group. Keep an eye on dive planning. TH TH TH group dives Thursdays, and Bubbles and Suds dives Thursdays until the end of the month, then we will be moving to wednesdays.

Both of these are PM dives though.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**