Happy Nudi New Years

General banter about diving and why we love it.
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Happy Nudi New Years

Post by Sharkb8 »

Just thought I would share my nudi new years post from the social medias here because I only have a couple online friends who think that underwater slugs are cool. I hope that everyone ended the old or is starting the new year out with some good diving! We found some big king crabs and Jan K at Skyline on New Years Eve. It was pretty fun. Hope to meet or dive with more of you in 2019.

Party underwater
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Happy Nudi New Years

Post by Tom Nic »

Yay Slugs!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

Beautiful!! There’s a Pacific Northwest nudibranchs Facebook group - you should post this there and you will find many online friends who think underwater slugs are super cool! :joshsmith:
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Wow fantastic!!! What's the bottom middle one? Where did you see that? Yes let's dive soon! Hopefully keystone Sunday if wind allows :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Sharkb8
Dive-aholic

Post by Sharkb8 »

ScubaJess wrote:Wow fantastic!!! What's the bottom middle one? Where did you see that? Yes let's dive soon! Hopefully keystone Sunday if wind allows :)
That was a scrambled egg nudibranch I saw in Kona. I thought it was pretty neat!

I am diving Saturday this weekend, so I won’t see you guys unfortunately. If anyone is diving that day down south let me know. We are planning on Keystone but may do something different to find better vis after tomorrow’s big blow!
Party underwater
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool! Happy New Year!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
jmartel
Dive-aholic

Post by jmartel »

Looks like Phyllidia varicosa on that one, Jess. Saw some of those in Palau as well. There's also another species in the family that has pink instead of yellow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllidia_varicosa

ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Sweet I hope I can see them in Indonesia next month :) so excited to see warm water nudis. Great pics you guys!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Jan K
I've Got Gills

Post by Jan K »

I like slugs ! :)
It was great to meet you in person at Skyline. Not a bad way to say goodbye to 2018 :)
http://JanKocian.smugmug.com

I take photos because I like it, not because I'm good at it. :) by Unknown
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Underwater slugs are super cool. Those boring non-divers dont know what they are missing. King crabs and Jan K are cool too and are always fun sightings on any local dive. I've heard Jan K is listed somewhere in the marine mammals section of several underwater identification books. This unique and highly prized species is usually found near whidbey island sites from 0 and 130 feet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk