Salt Creek 1/24

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
lologrande
Avid Diver

Salt Creek 1/24

Post by lologrande »

Headed out to Salt Creek this past Thursday to take advantage of the better than average forecast. Visibility was mediocre at best - 10' or so. Started the first dive at around 10am. There was quite a bit of surge but nothing unreasonable. It just made for a bit of extra work. The site is just beautiful. I can't wait to get back in the summer when the kelp is in full force and the sun is shining. A large sea lion spent a bit of time with us darting in and out of view. Sadly no good shots of it. After the first dive we ran over to Sekiu in hopes of diving there as well but conditions were not good. Oh well, let's head back to Salt Creek. Conditions were much calmer for the second dive. The high tide certainly helped. Vis was still crappy. Both dives were at the entry next to site #63. So many colors...
_DSC6553-Edit.jpg
_DSC6591.jpg
_DSC6567.jpg
_DSC6505-Edit.jpg
_DSC6480-Edit.jpg
_DSC6471-Edit.jpg
The owls are not what they seem.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Salt Creek 1/24

Post by Tom Nic »

Thanks for the report!

One more iconic PNW dive site that I have yet to dive!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Beautiful snaps!! I love that place :) hope we can join you for the next trip over :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Very cool Billy. Let's all try to go out there this year. I know Nirupam wants to go there too. Indeed that place can be magic on a clear sunny calm day! On a bad day, trecherous. I heard the elusive Rock greenling can be found there too, though I've never seen them.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Gorgeous pic and if you didn’t mention otherwise, I would’ve guessed that the vis was fantastic based on your photos!
lologrande
Avid Diver

Post by lologrande »

That's the magic of the Tokina 10-17 lens!
The owls are not what they seem.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Really love those shots!