Hello to PNW!!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
vaidhy
Frequent Bubbler

Hello to PNW!!

Post by vaidhy »

Hi Everyone,

I moved to Seattle 18 months ago, but have been reluctant to get into the cold waters. Finally decided to take the plunge and got myself certified last week. I have been certified for last 15 years, but have been actively diving in the last 5 years, all of it in warm tropical waters. Now, I am learning to look at tide charts and currents and slack tides and wondering what I have gotten myself into.

I ( and my daughter) hope to get at least one dive each week and hope to meet you all

Regards,
Vaidhy
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello to PNW!!

Post by YellowEye »

Great! Welcome! Come on in, the water's great here!

A bunch of us goes Wednesdays and Thursdays. Plus weekend adventures. Let us know what you're looking for!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
vaidhy
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vaidhy »

Let me know where I can meet with the group and I will join in!! My dry suit should be here next week and I just need to rent the tank and weights and please bear with me while I try to find the right buoyancy :)
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
See the dive planning section to look for the regularly planned dives.

We usually go at 6:30 pm for the weekly dives though so its more of a night dive. Might not be best conditions to try on a new drysuit. You can start your own thread on a request to dive somewhere at a time that works for you during the day and I'm sure you'll get responses!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

In a few weeks in order to "night dive" you will have to wait until after 9pm :)
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
smorgan
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by smorgan »

S Morgan would love to dive with you guys off sun, mon and tues every week. I live in Fife and have been diving with my instructor about ever two weeks since I got certed in Nov. will be in KOA diving with the manta rays the first 3 week of jul. if those days work send me a shout out. Getting My 15 year old son certified in Newport beach cal. his final dives are this sun the 16th.