ThThTh 4/4 Hopefully Pink Tritonia Edition

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

ThThTh 4/4 Hopefully Pink Tritonia Edition

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy Divers!

Who's up for ThThTh 4/4?

Redondo 6:30pm meet

Lots of stubbies and penpoint gunnel have been seen lately. Some white tip nudies, grunts, even a few remaining lumpies...

:taco: :partydance: :calvin:
Last edited by YellowEye on Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
stphnmartin
Amphibian

Re: ThThTh 4/4 Edition

Post by stphnmartin »

I'm a definite maybe.
:popcorn: View dive videos on my youtube channel. GH5, Nauticam housing, Big Blue 9000s, Sola 500, 1200, Scuba Lamp Snoot, Mavic 2 Pro, Osmo, Final Cut Pro X
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I'm in! :)
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Im a definite maybe leaning to the maybe plus side
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: ThThTh 4/4 Hopefully Pink Tritonia Edition

Post by YellowEye »

I updated the title of this edition to reflect Tom Nic's recent Pink Tritonia findings at Redondo!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

YellowEye wrote:I updated the title of this edition to reflect Tom Nic's recent Pink Tritonia findings at Redondo!
Head out to the bug and rock "wall". Start there and search north 45 to 35 few. Found over a dozen, starting out that direction. Tons of large nudies of 4 or 5 varieties hanging out with the sea pens. Wish I could be there.... :-(
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Vjw
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Vjw »

See you there! :joshsmith:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

I'm out. My right ear was killing me last night and this morning. I need to be smart and not push it.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

Tom Nic wrote:Head out to the bug and rock "wall". Start there and search north 45 to 35 few. Found over a dozen, starting out that direction. Tons of large nudies of 4 or 5 varieties hanging out with the sea pens. Wish I could be there.... :-(
Just out of curiosity, I know where the bug is, but I am not sure what you a referring to with the "rock wall".

I would love to join you guys tonight, but unfortunately my wife and I are not free to dive until Sunday. One of these Thursdays I will make it.

-Doug
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

orcasc205 wrote:
Tom Nic wrote:Head out to the bug and rock "wall". Start there and search north 45 to 35 few. Found over a dozen, starting out that direction. Tons of large nudies of 4 or 5 varieties hanging out with the sea pens. Wish I could be there.... :-(
Just out of curiosity, I know where the bug is, but I am not sure what you a referring to with the "rock wall".

-Doug
Just north and west of the bug there are rocks piled in a semicircle, 20ish feet long or so. It's really not a "wall" per se, but that's what we call it since it basically sits on a large sand flat like everything else in that area of Redondo.
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Thanks for the Tips Tom, we found them! :)
It was a super fun dive, great vis and lots of critters out and about. I got to hang out with a little red octo for a while, he was adorable. Also those Pink Tritonia's were huge!! I found one with eggs. :)
Hopefully we can see you at at ThThTh soon!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

ScubaJess wrote:Thanks for the Tips Tom, we found them! :)

Hopefully we can see you at at ThThTh soon!
Hurray!

My diving has been practically non-existent. Maybe by the return of Summer viz!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Thanks Tom!
Those were lovely to see!
Hope you get more back into the water soon!

And... the jellies are coming, the jellies are coming! A lot of juvi jellies were seen yesterday.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Post by orcasc205 »

My wife and I finally made it down to Redondo today and went looking for the pink tritonia nudis. We found one that was just south of the vw bug -- it looked like a huge pink loaf of bread. North of the bug and rock wall were tons of striped nudibranchs. We also saw the cutest octopus hiding in the metal ladder on the north side of the big pipe and a seal did a fly-by as we were doing our safety stop. A+ dives today.

I'm hoping to be able to make it down to the ThThTh dive next week.

-Doug
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Nice! Those tritonia's and striped nudis are pretty awesome to see!
Hope to see you soon!