Deception Pass 4/13/2019

Tell us your tale of coming nose-to-nose with a 6 gill [--this big--], or about your vacation to turquoise warm waters. Share your adventures here!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Deception Pass 4/13/2019

Post by Tangfish »

YellowEye wrote:
Tangfish wrote:
YellowEye wrote:
Tangfish wrote:I’m jealous but happy to see dive buddies soaking up all those gorgeous colors!
Calvin, you should join us some time! Are you in town?
Yes and I really wanna join sometime! Are there any good tide days in the second half of May by chance?
Around memorial day there are some days. We may do the Friday before memorial day. Then we're off to Campbell River/Seymour Narrows for the weekend if you want to join that.

There are several weekends in between that as well but before the second half of May.

Hope you're well!
Friday before memorial works great!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Only downside is that slack is at 720. We often stay at Anacortes the night before.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Sunday/26 is probably a better day, and later!, with slack around 10. Monday is fine and an hour and a quarter later yet. Tues is maybe OK with slack around noon but the flood and ebb are nearly equal which could make some odd things happen. Last year we had a failure to reverse current for about 30" on an exchange like that. Not 'critical', but disturbing if you haven't had that happen there.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Would have offered that but we'll be enjoying Seymour on those exchanges :partydance:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Howdy Folks
What a great weekend of diving! So much fun seeing everybody, and meeting several new people.

Here were some of my snaps, which also includes a kelp shot from Keystone from Sunday. That was also a wonderful dive... we saw lots of jellies, cockerals dorids, as well as tubesnouts feeding on larval fish!
A smidge of life from the pass
A smidge of life from the pass
Proliferating anemones on kelp
Proliferating anemones on kelp
Keystone kelp streaming in the current
Keystone kelp streaming in the current
Last edited by YellowEye on Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

YellowEye wrote:Howdy Folks
What a great weekend of diving! So much fun seeing everybody, and meeting several new people to the pass.

Here were some of my snaps, which also includes a kelp shot from Keystone from Sunday. That was also a wonderful dive... we saw lots of jellies, cockerals dorids, as well as tubesnouts feeding on larval fish!
DSC_1509.jpg
DSC_2823.jpg
DSC_3946.jpg
Looooove this middle shot, what colors!!