Interested in working on and owning a compressor?

Need advice on recreational gear configurations? Look no further than this equipment forum.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Interested in working on and owning a compressor?

Post by rcontrera »

I have a couple of MCH6 compressors that need work to get going and I just don't have the time. I really don't know what the condition of either is other than they don't turn over right now. It could be the gas engine or the compressor. Either way, it will take someone that is comfortable with a wrench.

My offer, is purchase one of the compressors for $500 (what I paid). I will supply schematics of the compressor and give you the dealer price for any of the Coltri parts or supplies (filters & oil) you may need. You are on your own for the Honda gas engine since that isn't something I work on.

This could be a fun project to get one going and saving money over purchasing a new compressor ($2700 plus shipping).

If you are interested, drop me a line at ray@compressorstuff.com and let's talk.
Last edited by rcontrera on Tue May 28, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Re: Interested in working on and owning a compressor?

Post by rcontrera »

Based on the questions I have been getting I figured I had better put some more information here.
Both of these are the MCH6C models. That means that they have a full frame around them. Kind of a bit of a pain when doing service, but the safest configuration. (catalog picture below)
  • Both are standard Coltri builds so there is no PMV or snorkel like we put on in the US.
    There are no options installed (auto drains, auto pressure shutdown, hour meter) but there is an upgraded filler on each that are combo DIN/yoke.
    These were both purchased by military recreation overseas and sold to my customer through the Government Surplus bidding system. So no history is to be had.
    When I received them, both were dirty and looked like they had just removed the oil plug to drain oil for shipping since there is a dirty black layer on the base plate. But there is no indication of leakage while running ... no signs of oil splashing inside the cage.
    I really have no idea what the cost would be to cherry these out since we only have valve kits and nothing for full overhaul. I can say that the last full overhaul I did cost my customer about $1800. But that also included labor.
    I only have two of these and, if they don't find homes during my busy times, I will get them overhauled and sell them. So, no, I am not accepting offers below $500, but thanks anyway.
Last edited by rcontrera on Wed May 29, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

So you are selling these or you are not selling these I'm confused...?
Quote from your last sentence
So, no, I am not accepting offers but thanks anyway
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Yes, I am selling these. But I got an offer from one guy to "Help me get rid of them" by buying both for $600. So I guess I should have said I am not accepting offers below my cost ... $500.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

One is PPU. I still have the other available.
rcontrera
Aquaphile

Post by rcontrera »

Just an update on these compressors. The buyer backed out on the first one so both are still available. I got them both pressure washed so they are clean now. I also got the engines gone through and replaced any parts that were needed to get them back to full service. Because I am still very tied up in time (medical reasons), all work done so far has been done by others. So I have to update the offer.

The price now is $650 and I will include a filter new cartridge, liter of oil (two oil changes) and a parts breakdown. Plus, I will still sell you any of the Coltri parts at dealer cost to get your compressor pumping.