Getting back into the water, in July?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
MariaT
Avid Diver

Getting back into the water, in July?

Post by MariaT »

Hi All!
Life happened, and I did not get to go diving since August last year when I went on a boat trip with Truth Aquatics. Anyway, I am not done with diving in any ways, had my regulators serviced and would really like to get back into the water. Looking for a dive buddy to do a dive or two - recreational diving at some usual spot around Seattle like Edmonds, Redondo, Mukilteo, etc. I do not have strong preferences since I have not been to any recently and don't know much about current sites' conditions. Of course, it would be nice to encounter awesome visibility and see thousands of creatures, but just refreshing my skills is good enough :)

Anybody going diving during the week 7/1-7/7, or afterwards, and would like me to join them? Please respond here, ask me questions if I missed anything... Ah, on weekdays I am free after 4pm and will be driving from the East Side.

Thanks!
Maria
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Getting back into the water, in July?

Post by Gdog »

Good to see you back Maria! We gotta get you back in the water. Unfortutunately, this time of year that awesome vis is highly unlikely. However, the water is still wet and you need to get in it. Dont forget, most thursdays the south end group meets at redondo for a dive at 6:30pm. The northend folks ususally have a dive on wed or thurs, at the Muk. Also, please note the club dive on August 4th, great time to meet other divers.
Welcome back!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi! Welcome back. Tides are really sucking on the weekends these days (including 7/6 and 7/7), unless you get up super early. Not sure if we'll do ththth on 7/4 but orcasc205 (Doug) expressed interest.

I'll be out of town 7/6 weekend.

Some people expressed interest going this weekend. I might be able to go some time Sunday but tides really suck.

ThThTh 7/11 if we don't do 7/4?

Viz is highly variable these days. Unless you're doing photography, it shouldn't really matter?
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

Thank you!!!!! I will be on the lookout for ThThTh events! :highfive:

I will try to join on July 11th - the tides do look funny, and I can wait a little :)
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Limited to evenings/weekends only or do you dive weekdays too? (when parking is easier)

I'm flexible but love slow, shallowish (<80ft) dives where I can look for, survey, and/or photograph the critters.
I live in South Bellevue - you by chance a eastside resident? (saw something about Bellevue/Redmond area in a prior post)
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

Cmjstealth wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:35 pm Limited to evenings/weekends only or do you dive weekdays too? (when parking is easier)

I'm flexible but love slow, shallowish (<80ft) dives where I can look for, survey, and/or photograph the critters.
I live in South Bellevue - you by chance a eastside resident? (saw something about Bellevue/Redmond area in a prior post)
Hi! I am on the Eastside, north of Redmond but can drive pretty much anywhere. I work full time and have tiny vacation balance as of now, and unfortunately it is just evenings and weekends, it depends on my children's activities schedule too. I am definitely committed to go to the club dive but would like to get wet earlier.

As for the diving style we might be a match :) - I am not a photographer but my favorite way to dive is to slowly swim somewhere between 50-90ft and stare at fishes and crabs. Maybe PM me if you have any plans?

Maria
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Hi Maria! I am happy to do an evening or weekend dive with you. I'm done with school for the summer and have a lot of dive time to make up myself.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Cmjstealth
Avid Diver

Post by Cmjstealth »

Hoping to get my drysuit back from shop sometime this week. I want to be dive ready in advance of the reef.org event at saltwater state park this Saturday and Sunday. Might do a basic dive somewhere easy beforehand to work out kinks. If you want me to ping you so you can join.

If available this weekend and interested in learning our local invertebrates/fish species you should join us at saltwater state park for free* identification classes and diving:
Sat: https://www.facebook.com/events/2320339681558319/
Sun: https://www.facebook.com/events/348819932474321/

*State parks charge for parking if you don't already have a parking pass. Bring your own lunch. And of course all your own gear if diving!