Hey everyone!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
peterkabai
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hey everyone!

Post by peterkabai »

My name is Peter, I moved to the Seattle area a few weeks ago from the Bay Area. Recently I got my NAUI Advanced Diver and Rescue Diver cert through my university (Monterey Bay State) and my dives have only/all been in Monterey Bay. More recently, I got my EANx cert through a local shop, so I'm looking forward to doing some of that too, as well as a drysuit course someday soon (as I hear it's colder here than what I'm used to... :eek: ) I work 9 to 5 but other than that I'm free to dive whenever and wherever with whomever. I really just want to make the most of my temporary (2 to 3 years) relocation and stay in the water!
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Hey everyone!

Post by orcasc205 »

Hey Peter,

Welcome to Seattle. The water right now is probably pretty close to what you are used to (about 55° Fahrenheit when I dove on Sunday), but it will cool off during the winter to the low to mid 40s. Winter is some of the best diving here, though, since the visibility opens up quite a bit, so getting a drysuit is definitely recommended.

There are usually weekly dives both north (Bubbles and Suds on Wednesdays) and south (ThThTh on Thursdays) of Seattle. You can see announcements usually in the Dive Planning section or on the associated Facebook groups. The groups are very accommodating to new divers to the area and will help you get back in the water.

Cheers,

-Doug
SCUBARM79
Avid Diver

Post by SCUBARM79 »

Hi Peter. Welcome to greater Sea-town. I'm curious- temporary stay (2-3yrs) = Grad School? Diving here is super. There was a post by Bandito Charters on the board a day or so ago to dive in the Tacoma area. I hear good things about them. (not affiliated nor used their services)

cheers!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and to the PNW!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!